SiouxSports.com Forum

A Fine Line

PCM

Look who's on the cover of the January issue of USCHO Magazine. I'd tell you who wrote the story, but then Diggler would accuse me of self-promotion. ??? The magazine is supposed to be out near the end of this week. The Pro Shop at The Ralph is the only place in Grand Forks I know of that sells it. Subscriptions are available through the USCHO Web site.

USCHO_Mag.jpg

Look who's on the cover of the January issue of USCHO Magazine. I'd tell you who wrote the story, but then Diggler would accuse me of self-promotion. ???

I want to say "Great job!" but I don't want to be too premature & assume this is another fine article before I read it. ;) Is there any way we can read this article online? And anyone know who that guy in the background is?

I want to say "Great job!" but I don't want to be too premature & assume this is another fine article before I read it. :D

Oh, go ahead and assume all you want. ???

Is there any way we can read this article online?
Unfortunately, I don't believe that USCHO Magazine puts any of its content online. If it does, I haven't found it. ;)

And anyone know who that guy in the background is?

That's Reg Morelli, the Sioux player who scored the game-winning goal in UND's first national championship in 1959. I had the privelege of interviewing him for the hockey video that plays in the REA lobby.

Oh, go ahead and assume all you want. ???

Oh ok, I suppose if it's got your name on it it's a classic. Henceforth, I will personally refer to all great articles, posts, whatever as Milleresque as in "That writing style was fluid, coherent & Milleresque." ;)

Must have been quite an honor to interview Mr. Morelli--the man who started this fine tradition.

Is the issue out yet? I haven't had time to stop by REA in a while.

As of early Wednesday afternoon, they still had not received the new issue at the REA Pro Shop. I know that some people have received copies in the mail.

Any idea why they don't have copies of that video for sale in the REA Pro Shop?

They sold a DVD last season as a tribute to Ralph Engelstad that has the Sioux history video on it. I know because I have it. I had never seen the entire video until I watched it at home on my own TV.

Too bad that they aren't a line anymore. Well, I mean unless Blaiser switches them back after the WJC, but I'm pretty sure he intends to put Stafford on that line for good. I'll get the magazine just to read the article Pat :silly:

Anyone want to lay odds that that line is back togther against UAA?

The new USCHO Magazine featuring the cover story on Bochenski, Parise and Murray is now on sale at the REA Pro Shop. It's $1.00 a copy. Scott Gaddini of the UND Athletics Dept. has some great photos to accompany the story.

Also, there's an article about Chris Fournier, former Sioux player now with the University of Alaska Anchorage. Fournier certainly provided a lot of "bulletin board material" for Sioux players, coaches and fans when UAA visits here Jan. 9-10.

• 2 months later...

Hello Sioux fans (specifically PCM?)-

I was wondering if you could help me. I remembered this thread, and came back and dug it up.

The current issue of USCHO the Magazine has UMD on the cover and I'd like to get a copy without buying a subscription. Does the Ralph Pro Shop sell the magazine all year long, or did they just sell the issue with the UND players on the cover?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I know they have a vending machine for USCHO Magazine at the Ralph's Pro Shop, but the last time I was there, it was empty. :D

I'll probably be over that way in the next day or two. If they have the new issue, I'll pick up a copy for you.

I know they have a vending machine for USCHO Magazine at the Ralph's Pro Shop, but the last time I was there, it was empty. :D

I'll probably be over that way in the next day or two. If they have the new issue, I'll pick up a copy for you.

Thanks for the offer PCM, but I just called USCHO and you can buy single copies for $4.95 so that's what I'm going to do. Thanks anyways. ;)