SiouxSports.com Forum

Cong. on the win.....

lionfan03

Thank you for your comments. I guess what bothered me the most was not just that the students were harrassing the cheerleaders but that the security seemed to approve of it. They did nothing to stop it. Even the ND cheerleaders warned our cheer team before the game to stay away from the student section as much as possible because there had been reports of harrassment of visiting cheer teams in the past.

So obviously the college knows of the problem but still chooses to place the visiting fans right in the thick of the problem. And then sit back and watch the fireworks. That bothers me more than anything.

On a lighter note, I got my pictures developed today and I have an awesomely funny shot of the confetti drifting down. ???

I think that we should note that UND doesn't run security at the Alerus. The Alerus has their own security people. The Alerus isn't on UND property.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any real credible evidence of racial slurs being thrown out? I was in the front row, and heard nothing of the sort. In fact, there were a number of African Americans sitting in the same area as I was, and I didn't hear them have anything to complain about. Calling someone a hick isn't a racial slur. I have a problem with people coming out and making those accusations when there is no real evidence of any slurs being thrown out, with exception of #27 for UNA making a comment to our student section which I and everyone else around heard. If I heard any from UND's end I'd have no problem admitting it, because it is something that, if it did happen, should be addressed, but I have real doubts that it did.

While the Lakers were at Bentley we had Bentley students that went out of their way to sit in our section and pick fights. They called our girls the "C" word many times and made many physical threats, we eventually had to go get security it became so bad. In Saginaw we were showered with "F" chants and had full beer cans hurled at us while leaving (they held up the Sag students so the GVSU students could leave first and we had to pass in front and below them). Unfortunately, that seems to be the new trend. Personally, I thought the UND fans were really cool in 01 and I hope we can have the same fun attitude this year.

While the Lakers were at Bentley we had Bentley students that went out of their way to sit in our section and pick fights. They called our girls the "C" word many times and made many physical threats, we eventually had to go get security it became so bad. In Saginaw we were showered with "F" chants and had full beer cans hurled at us while leaving (they held up the Sag students so the GVSU students could leave first and we had to pass in front and below them). Unfortunately, that seems to be the new trend. Personally, I thought the UND fans were really cool in 01 and I hope we can have the same fun attitude this year.

A new trend? Not in the GSC.

And to respond to the other posts, I thought the College should be responsible for monitoring the student area, however, if they chose to ignore the harrassment, then yes, the security staff should have stepped in and at least attempted to stop it.

OK, I'll ask again, what words were used by the student section? And how could the cheerleaders constantly be harrassed in the first half when they were never near the student section?

If we aren't allowed to call the UNA players losers, druggies, morons, etc. what are we allowed to do? Harrassment like this is part of the game. Many UNA players had no problem talking back to us and calling us names too. Oh well.

I for one was there and was on row T so I can not say that I heard anything geared towards the players. Half of the cheerleaders did come up to the walkway between the sections saying that they were being called names by the fans around the 10 yard line. Then the whole group came up there so they could be closer to the UNA fans. But whether or not that is the case I am just going on what one cheerleader said. No one said anything to me expect show the finger about 500 times which does not bother me. The Grand Forks policeman that stood in front and actually made a couple of UND students go sit back down was a really nice guy. No other UNA fan was down in the student section so it would have to come from someone that was on the sideline.

Well it could not have that bad because it looked like there were 2 NDSU lettermen down close to the front (Unless a local high school has the same logo and colors).

That's correct, Alan Burrell a WR, and Mike Shepperd, a Safety, both of whom are alo African Americans. They didn't seem upset by any of the actions of the students (i.e. any racial comments).

I'd like to thank UNA fan for coming on board and showing some class about the whole situation. Like I posted earlier I heard nothing racial said the whole game long, and I talked to a kid I know after the game (who happens to be African American) and he didn't say anything about the racial issue and was standing two rows from the front.

BUT:

If there was something said I'd like to apologize on behalf of the student section. There are some people who take it a little to far, and those are the ones who give everyone a bad name.... ???

Congrads on the big win UND fans. As a NDSU fan, I was pulling for UNA but once again the Sioux pulled off the W. I just hope this rematch for the championship goes opposite of your other championship game 2 years ago....(sorry, but I got to root for Grand Valley. Hopefully you understand.). Anyhow, good job and break a leg next week....

Hopefully you understand.

No, I don't understand. If NDSU was playing for the championship, I'd pull for the Bison, as I have in the past. Besides, why wouldn't you want to say that the Bison took the national champion Sioux to overtime on their home field?

But I guess a post with class is too much to expect from a Bison fan who has a fixation with toilet humor and is named after an anal hygiene product. Perhaps some day Fargo will make it to the 20th century and build a modern sewage treatment plant that doesn't require you to flush so much. ???

And just so you don't forget...

1.jpg

PCM--you about as classy as prefab concrete yourself. Sorry if you had to jump down my throat because I congrad-ed your team. Also, I guess I have to be a UND fan in order to wish congrads to the team....silly me! You are the kind of person that gives UND a bad name, I hope you are ok with that.

Some people like to dish it out, but they sure can't take it.

Tell you what, Tuk. The next time you see me on bisonville.com making posts about how I hope the Bison lose and I include an childish insult about Fargo in big red letters, then you can lecture me about class.