SiouxSports.com Forum

National Junior Team

fan1234

They would be alternates. This morning on the radio, Blais indicated that there was a question about whether some NHL teams would allow their players to attend the WJC tournament. If they don't, it could mean that Stafford and Smaby go.

They would be alternates. This morning on the radio, Blais indicated that there was a question about whether some NHL teams would allow their players to attend the WJC tournament. If they don't, it could mean that Stafford and Smaby go.

I originally thought alternates, both forwards & defensemen, would attend regardless & be put in the line-up in case any of the original 12 Fs or 8 D got injured while at the tournament.

Ovechkin will likely be in the NHL next year. I believe he is too old to play in the 2005 tourney at the Ralph.

No offense but there is going to be no NHL next season. The owners and the players are so far apart it isn't even funny... That is good for us though.

Any idea if Direct TV will air any games? I'm guessing the Canadian stations will, but I don't get them.

No info on USA Hockey yet, but YES network (one of Direct TV's sports pak stations) had several on last year. Also offered a free teamline internet audio feed for the US games.

On the dataflix pregame, Blais said that Stafford and Smaby are still alternates only. They will go only if someone on the roster can not. So, the Sioux are still just 2 players short for the SCSU series (with the possibility of being 3 or 4 short).

On the dataflix pregame, Blais said that Stafford and Smaby are still alternates only. They will go only if someone on the roster can not. So, the Sioux are still just 2 players short for the SCSU series (with the possibility of being 3 or 4 short).

Thx for the update. I didn't know Dataflix started pregames so early; the Internet audio pregames don't start until 1/2 hour before the game. Game's at 7:35 CDT, right?

That's right. Apparently the pregame program (Sioux Illustrated show) was taped (not sure how long ago) as Stafford has been added to the WJC team. Smaby is apparently still an alternate. The show is just finishing up now on FSSN.