SiouxSports.com Forum

Colby Genoway

schmidtdoggydog

I remember last year Blais said before the season we would be pretty strong down the center which had been a weakness the year before. Looks like Genoway is a little late but coming in. He could be a big factor in this team if he continues to play at this level.

I remember last year Blais said before the season we would be pretty strong down the center which had been a weakness the year before. Looks like Genoway is a little late but coming in. He could be a big factor in this team if he continues to play at this level.

After a disappointing year last year, he looks to be finding his stride.

Did you miss where DB said Massen has been injured and that has limited his playing time? A nasty groin injury (that's what I heard he had, fairly reliably) is hard on a hockey player.

I wouldn't read too much into his stats right now. We've seen him be a heck of a player in the last couple of years and expect we'll see that once he gets his feet underneath him.

The interesting thing about Colby Genoway is that last season, Sioux players kept telling me about how good he was -- in practice. It seemed that the players and coaches knew he had real talent, but now we're starting to see it where it counts the most.