SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. SDSU

UNDsportsFANATIC

Honestly, yes we will improve but don't think we will win. SDSU is a much better TEAM than us but in the world of basketball anything can happen on a given night. We can be red hot like they were the last game and they can be ice cold. However, it comes down to defense and right now our defense is very bad. I'm sure the boys are working their butts off in practice at the scrutiny of the coaches this week. Just hope the fans come out for this one. SDSU had over 4000 fans for the last game. It should be interesting to see how the players respond and how patient the coaches are with the way some of the players are playing defense and their shot selection. Go Sioux

My understanding is that SDSU's best player (Wolters) has a high ankle sprain and may be pretty limited, if he plays at all.

He'll be fine. He only sat out because it was against Dakota State University. No point in playing that game when he's nursing an ankle injury. When he hurt the ankle against UND on Saturday, he came back in and played the rest of the game.

I hope he does play (Wolters), because I wanted to have the chance to see him. I've heard he is a tremendous player. Hopefully, the stomping we incurred on Saturday night did a little to dent our egos. I hope our young guys who I think have the ability to be very good- have to understand that just because you beat Montana doesn't necessarily make a season. The last time I saw them was the Jamestown game and it appeared to me even though we had just come off the loss to Western Illinois that there were certain players who were more concerned with their swagger and that the opponent wasn't good enough to be on the floor with them. What happened, Jamestown was allowed to hang around. We have then went on to 3 straight road losses, the last being an embarrasment. Let's get it together and put in the effort when on the floor that is supposed to be the trademark of UND Men's Basketball. If we put in the effort and lose- oh well there is a lot of season left but if we put in the effort and pull out the upset--then that would show a great deal of maturing character on this teams part.

I hope he does play (Wolters), because I wanted to have the chance to see him. I've heard he is a tremendous player. Hopefully, the stomping we incurred on Saturday night did a little to dent our egos. I hope our young guys who I think have the ability to be very good- have to understand that just because you beat Montana doesn't necessarily make a season. The last time I saw them was the Jamestown game and it appeared to me even though we had just come off the loss to Western Illinois that there were certain players who were more concerned with their swagger and that the opponent wasn't good enough to be on the floor with them. What happened, Jamestown was allowed to hang around. We have then went on to 3 straight road losses, the last being an embarrasment. Let's get it together and put in the effort when on the floor that is supposed to be the trademark of UND Men's Basketball. If we put in the effort and lose- oh well there is a lot of season left but if we put in the effort and pull out the upset--then that would show a great deal of maturing character on this teams part.

Agree, the effort needs to be there. If we improve on our defense, rebounding and shot selection and still get beat thats fine with me. It would be a step moving in the right direction. We have very good talent but right now that young talent is not making strides forward and thats what must happen. It takes more than just athleticsm and talent to win in D1 basketball. The best thing for us right now is playing SDSU again after the thumping by them and see what improvements we make. Hopefully that last game truly made them aware of what it takes and woke them up. Go Sioux

I know we butt heads occasionally here, but I definitely respect your last post. While I think of some of the things we disagree about- we may always agree to disagree...it is that its nice to know that our program is in a place where people are interested, have differing opinions, and it matters whether the team is successful or not. That really couldn't be said 3 years ago. 2 players to me that need to get better, if the team is to get better are Allard's offensive game- Wilmer, just overall. We have to be able to get something out of him with the size that he offers. We don't have a lot of size otherwise, so it's imperative that when he's on the floor that he produce something of value.

I know we butt heads occasionally here, but I definitely respect your last post. While I think of some of the things we disagree about- we may always agree to disagree...it is that its nice to know that our program is in a place where people are interested, have differing opinions, and it matters whether the team is successful or not. That really couldn't be said 3 years ago. 2 players to me that need to get better, if the team is to get better are Allard's offensive game- Wilmer, just overall. We have to be able to get something out of him with the size that he offers. We don't have a lot of size otherwise, so it's imperative that when he's on the floor that he produce something of value.

Wilmer does need to give us quality minutes but after 3+ years in the program I'm beginning to doubt this is going to happen. It just seems he doesnt get it, rebounds bounce off of him and he doesnt get good position at all for his size. If this team doesn't get a big to help Brekke out for next year we will have more bad posts than good in the Big Sky. There are times I get excited about Allards play and here lately he hasn't done anything to speak of. He definately brings energy and I enjoy watching him but again after 3+ years the results aren't there. Defense, rebounding and most of all shot selection will determine this teams fate the rest of the year. I only hope the coaches make a point to each and every player when it comes to this.

Thats right I thought it was Thursday for some reason. I hope its on FSSN.

Not that I like encourage listening to an opponent's broadcast, but if all else fails, the game is scheduled to be broadcast on the Jackrabbit Network with 570 AM WNAX out of Yankton as the flagship station. WNAX has a powerful signal.

Not that I like encourage listening to an opponent's broadcast, but if all else fails, the game is scheduled to be broadcast on the Jackrabbit Network with 570 AM WNAX out of Yankton as the flagship station. WNAX has a powerful signal.

Not powerful enough in Fargo.

I pick up a clear signal from WNAX (AM 570) when I'm in Fargo but I doubt the signal carries to Grand Forks. KSDR Radio (AM 1480) out of Watertown should also carry the game but unless there's something weird about the weather/clouds etc., I don't think KSDR reaches Fargo, let alone Grand Forks.

Wolters will play in the game. His ankle is sore and you may not see him drive to the basket very often but you'll see some very good ball handling, passing and shooting.

For those having some familiarity with lakesbison, you'll appreciate this: lakesbison is still so ticked off that Wolters didn't go to NDSU that he takes every chance he can to rip on the guy. ANYBODY lakesbison doesn't like is OK in my book.

I pick up a clear signal from WNAX (AM 570) when I'm in Fargo.

Darrell just said he can't get that station in Fargo. Duke it out....go!

If you live in Grand Forks you can listen to every home basketball game on the radio.

And this one you can watch on TV too. Plenty of options.

I pick up a clear signal from WNAX (AM 570) when I'm in Fargo but I doubt the signal carries to Grand Forks. KSDR Radio (AM 1480) out of Watertown should also carry the game but unless there's something weird about the weather/clouds etc., I don't think KSDR reaches Fargo, let alone Grand Forks.

Wolters will play in the game. His ankle is sore and you may not see him drive to the basket very often but you'll see some very good ball handling, passing and shooting.

For those having some familiarity with lakesbison, you'll appreciate this: lakesbison is still so ticked off that Wolters didn't go to NDSU that he takes every chance he can to rip on the guy. ANYBODY lakesbison doesn't like is OK in my book.

I live on the north side of Fargo and I tried my radio in my house and its extremely scratchy. Maybe in open parts of Fargo it could be clearer. Or in south Fargo.

If WDAY AM has SIoux hockey and football, why not Sioux basketball??

WDAY last year and this year have done select Men's & Women's Basketball games. Considering that is the first time that any Fargo station has ever carried Sioux Basketball... I would say that is a big step forward. I know the Montana game was on WDAY. When KFGO was an affiliate we never had a basketball broadcast on their stations. So on at least speaking for myself, because I don't want to speak for everyone - but I wish to say thank you WDAY for taking a huge step forward and beginning to air some basketball games. That's much appreciated.

WDAY last year and this year have done select Men's & Women's Basketball games. Considering that is the first time that any Fargo station has ever carried Sioux Basketball... I would say that is a big step forward. I know the Montana game was on WDAY. When KFGO was an affiliate we never had a basketball broadcast on their stations. So on at least speaking for myself, because I don't want to speak for everyone - but I wish to say thank you WDAY for taking a huge step forward and beginning to air some basketball games. That's much appreciated.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above comment. I also wish to say thank you to WDAY for its promotion of UND basketball.

I live on the north side of Fargo and I tried my radio in my house and its extremely scratchy. Maybe in open parts of Fargo it could be clearer. Or in south Fargo.

My wife's car has a better radio than the one in my vehicle...we pick up WNAX when leaving the Fargodome but I agree, it's not a perfect signal. I attributed the scratchiness to static electricity from all the buffalo hides.

I thought about coming up for the game -- haven't been to a basketball game at UND before -- but it didn't work out so I'll listen on the radio. If I had to guess, I'd say the game will be hotly contested for most of its duration and should be some pretty good basketball.

I thought about coming up for the game -- haven't been to a basketball game at UND before -- but it didn't work out so I'll listen on the radio. If I had to guess, I'd say the game will be hotly contested for most of its duration and should be some pretty good basketball.

A while back on another forum, you agreed with a Bisonville fan that both of you would never step foot again in Grand Forks because of how horrible our fan base is. Guess you forgot about that oath?

Really, though, I think you'd have been welcomed with open arms. :) The people that run into issues are the ones spouting "Sioux Suck Sh**t" as their main conversation pieces, but then wonder why they get treated differently.

• Upvote 1