SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux v. U-18

YaneA

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their main threats are Brandon Scero (10 goals) and Chad Kolarik, Bryan Lerg, Geoff Paukovich (6 goals each). Assists leaders are Bryan Lerg, Kevin Swallow, and Nate Hagemo (tied with 8 assists each). These goals and assists information is dated, only accurate to November 3rd, but there you go. Here's the NTDP Roster who has so far signed with a College according to USCHO:

Chad Kolarik -- Michigan

Kevin Porter -- Michigan

Brandon Scero -- Ohio State

Matthew Kaiser -- Mankato

Matt Auffrey -- Wisconsin

Nate Hagemo -- Minnesota

Mike Brennan -- Boston College

So it was you! I was in 203, row M. The woman to your left was giving my daughter high fives whenever the Sioux scored.

Just to be safe, I'll tell my daughter to project more, but to keep her swearing under control. :)

I'm assuming this will be a blowout & I won't have to bite my fingernails to the nub. If I'm underestimating these h.s. juniors, someone please correct me...

Since this isn't the FB team, yes you are probably right. You'll get to save the inevitable stroke for the next day when the FB team score 45 points in the final 12 seconds to win the game. :)

I saw them play the Bozeman Ice Dogs this year. I was pretty drunk so I didn't really pay too much attention to the game, but for 17 year old kids they are pretty skilled. Their goaltender (the name slips my mind) is pretty solid, and they have some speedy forwards who move the puck well. Basically, they will be crushed by UND, but it is a nice opportunity for the kids in the USA hockey program to see Englestad and what it has to offer if they decide to play college hockey. I saw Hagemo get into a fight, and Scero was pretty quick with the puck, but I didn't really do too much analyzing of the team since it was more of a social event at the time. They did beat the Ice Dogs 6-1, but the Ice dogs are big and slow, and should have been playing a neutral zone trap to slow the speedy kids down - the U18's had a lot of odd man rushes which was the main reason Bozeman lost the game. I expect a blowout in epic proportions, but there a few players on this team that I would like to see wearing Green and White, and I'm sure some of you will agree after this weekend.

Since this isn't the FB team, yes you are probably right. You'll get to save the inevitable stroke for the next day when the FB team score 45 points in the final 12 seconds to win the game. :)

So I'll be going from complete boredom to near panic in less than 24 hours?! :) Extreme & rapid shifts in heart rate ain't good for my system...

Maybe with legal issues our players can't check their players that are under 18. That could make it more interesting. :) Will we still choke on the powerplay? :)

That would be worse than pathetic if the # 1 college team in the country went 0 for whatever against a bunch of h.s. juniors...If that happens, enter Rod Serling: "You've just entered another dimension, a dimension not only of sight & sound but of mind..."

Hey, it looks like the Gophers are going to replace DeMarchi :)

I think they already have with Ballard. He is skilled and very valuable to their team, but has always been, and remains, a thug.

Clearly, he is a very important to their team, but running up 19 penalty minutes in one game as he did Saturday night with a double minor, major and game misconduct is not very bright for any player, let alone a team leader.

btw, sorry for getting off topic.

I think they already have with Ballard. He is skilled and very valuable to their team, but has always been, and remains, a thug.

Clearly, he is a very important to their team, but running up 19 penalty minutes in one game as he did Saturday night with a double minor, major and game misconduct is not very bright for any player, let alone a team leader.

btw, sorry for getting off topic.

Yeah but is he dumb enough to be cited by Minnesota fans as being stupid? When that happens, DeMarchi-dom will be truly attained. I was in the TC just before the Frozen Four last season and I sat there talking to a die hard Gopher fan about DeMarchi and he said "Dumb as a rock but we love him." So far, no one has said that about Ballard.

I remember my mom said she sat next to Hrkac in one of their classes back in 86. She said he wasn't the brightest bulb on the tree...but man could he fly on the ice. :)

By the way, has anyone ever seen Derian Hatcher in an interview?? He opitimizes athletic meatheadness.

You can't spell meathead without Willie Mitchell :)