SiouxSports.com Forum

No more Michigan score on home page

stoneySIOUX

Yeah...... Put up Sioux vs Manitoba. Something to look forward to..... I know it's a loony ways away. But I have that and the Ice Breaker on the mind. Can wait for BC to come here. I'm really hoping we have our act together for that game......

Yeah...... Put up Sioux vs Manitoba. Something to look forward to..... I know it's a loony ways away. But I have that and the Ice Breaker on the mind. Can wait for BC to come here. I'm really hoping we have our act together for that game......

I went to renew my tickets on thurs and they had a poster up for the ice breaker. looks like bc will play mich state the first game and we play air force, then the two winners will play on sat and vice versa for the losers. so we aren't guaranteed to play bc.

I went to renew my tickets on thurs and they had a poster up for the ice breaker. looks like bc will play mich state the first game and we play air force, then the two winners will play on sat and vice versa for the losers. so we aren't guaranteed to play bc.

i don't care if we play BC. I care about winning 2 games at the Icebreaker.

• Upvote 2

Every time I see this on the homepage I frown. Another good day turned sour because of a bad memory. Pleeeeease remove it. Pretty please :(

Consider the fact that the Sioux have won seven national championships in what? 65 years? Something like that.

That means they win the NC about 10% - 11% of the time.

Now it used to be you could end the Final Five tournament on a win and still not make the NCAA tournament but with no more 3rd place game that is no longer the case.

Therefore, based on history, our season will end on a loss around 90% of the time.

Do we really want to leave a losing score on the front page of the #1 fan forum in Sioux sports for approximately six months out of the year? Based on the odds, that will be the case 90% of the time if the last game of the season is left up until the next season starts.

Then again, it's a nice reminder during those six months in the years that we do win the NC.

• 2 months later...