SiouxSports.com Forum

Kicking Teams When They're Down

jk

I don't really like the term "Kicking Teams When They're Down". If you take advantage of a "Weak Spot" that is exposed because a player is out, that is just the way the game goes. I think it is just good strategic coaching to capitalize on it.

The bottom line is: Denver was outmatched this weekend. I thought I had a pretty good grasp on the series when I made my predictions...5-2, 4-4 (4-3). What was a nice surprise...I think, could only see it in my head based on TH's calls...was the great defense we played. Blocking shots, creating turnovers (lots, it sounds like) and transitioning well.

UND is a great transition team, and they played well end to end this weekend. Denver is a good team and will rebound...I'm astonished that they kept Adam Berkhoel in for all 8 goals...didn't they see what Patrick Roy did in Montreal after they didn't pull him for 7 Detroit goals?

Sounds like running four lines is working out. Scoring from all lines wins big games. Depth...good teams have it..."cupcakes"(lol) get stung by it.

It looks to me that this year, the team will be in better shape for the second half. They are picking each other up, scoring well, and winning games against good teams. It will be interesting to see if everything continues to snowball until we outright dominate, but I look forward to it!

Ahem...... Bina. Need I say more? Ok, I will. 1 goal, 2 assists on the weekend. Several more blocked shots, a few HUGE checks. This guy is becoming serious.

Huge checks? Did you even see the game? Bina's goal was with the wide open net. He didn't have to use the sniper abilities that Greene did to score his goal. I'm not sold until he can do well against a better team and maintain consistency. Am I buying yet? No. Would I play him over Marvin? Of course. :lol: