SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Parking ?

yelo09

There's a really nice lot right across the street from the X - the RiverCentre ramp. During Wild games, it's $15. There is also a lot across the street (Corner of 7th and Kellogg) and that is normally $20 during Wild games. There is usually limited parking at the Holiday Inn, again $15 during Wild games.

If you are looking at having a couple before the game, usually Alary's Bar will run a shuttle. Parking is usually $2 at their lot, and then you will get a free voucher to get a ride to the X with purchase of a beer ($5 I believe). So, for $7, you get a free beer and a shuttle to the X.

There is generally plenty of parking around the Xcel. I usually park at the ramp at the Holiday Inn - easy in, easy out as most of it is right turns, and on the way out you get your own lane thanks to the St. Paul cops. Only time I ever had trouble finding parking around the X was during the NHL all star game a few years back when they had the St. Paul Winter Carnival going on at the same time they had the All-Star festivities going on. Generally, I think you should be able to find parking that is safe and a close walking distance (as in 2 blocks or less) to the X.

Xcel's website also has some parking tips - http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/parking/parking.jsp

Hope this helps, and I hope I didn't break any rules.

• Upvote 1

Like those two hits are anywhere near comparable, what a jackass, like I told you earlier today, go bask in the glory of your basketball team's

loss to Kansas. Or better yet, continue to question the character of a 20 year old kid. Either way, you're a boob.

More uncontrolled anger being shown here.

Can anyone explain the ignore process, I'm tired of Lomackman's lying, and Rocky Bison's negativity, come in here for

the Pro Sioux experience not to hear from unemployed losers that live with their mothers..

Click on your name, go to Options, and "Manage Ignore..." will be on the list. Click on that and add the names. Mmm, did I miss a step? Yes, I did! When you click on your name, you'll go to your Profile and in the far right there is the 'Edit Profile' link, click on that, you'll get options, etc.

Edited by Sioux-cia

Thank you, I've ignored lomackman, and I see RockyBison has now been banned. Oh happy day.....

I don't understand why lomackman hasn't been banned. He's admitted he's trolling, "You guys are just a little sociological experiment in group think, which is very interesting to observe. I lead you down a primrose path and all of you follow it in lockstep. How does it feel to be a drone?." If that's not trolling, I don't know what is?!?

http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=trolling&i=53181,00.asp

Definition of: trolling <BR itxtNodeId="9"><BR itxtNodeId="8">(1) Surfing, or browsing, the Web.<BR itxtNodeId="6"><BR itxtNodeId="5">(2) Posting derogatory messages about sensitive subjects on newsgroups and chat rooms to bait users into responding.<BR itxtNodeId="3"><BR itxtNodeId="2">(3) Hanging around in a chat room without saying anything, like a "peeping tom."

OK thats it. I'm pullingfor Michigan. Nah' still love you guys. Fifteenth round coming out, gotta put my sandals on cuz I should walk home

Let me give you a tip ............... walk down the middle of the street on your way home :D

Thank you, I've ignored lomackman, and I see RockyBison has now been banned. Oh happy day.....

Awww...I'm going to miss rockybison, he was such an easy target. Oh well, we still got loconumbsackman to entertain us I guess.

Never thought I'd say this, but I would trade these two for MplsBison every day of the week, at least he was semi-intelligent even if he was way off base most of the time.

Maybe "Parking" isn't the best place to put this, but folks coming in from out of town and looking for shortcuts or side-routes should know that a lot of roads are closed for one reason or another right now. A wrong turn can add an hour to your drive in no time.

For those driving into downtown beyond the X (ie., staying at Hilton Garden Inn, etc.), Cedar, 4th and some others are closed because of light rail construction. And same thing goes for University or Washington Avenues (for those staying at UM or Mpls hotels). Not good options

http://www.metrocouncil.org/transportation/ccorridor/centralcorridor.asp

Plus, a favorite detour of folks coming up from Bloomington/35E: Shepard Road, is closed at Eagle...maybe further south by now....due to flooding.

This may have been mentioned, but the GOLD RAMP behind McGovern's is a great place to park. It's right by all the bars/restauants on 7th street and it's pretty easy to get out from there and get home... Plus it's usually a little bit less expensive than the Rivercenter ramp, although further from the actual arena. If you are going to the bars before/after the game on 7th street, park here...

The hardest parking will be for the Thursday game, as the city is full of people parked there for work...