SiouxSports.com Forum

Dataflix

terbele

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fundamentally, it is easier to charge people who know the product well rather than to charge people who know the product doesn't run well or is untried and may not work that great at first.

It's like trying to convince someone to turn down a free BMW or Mercedes for a homebuilt car that looks great on the inside but who knows what kind of engine it will have and how well it will perform or even for how long before it quits.

I would love to get it, but for me to purchase a season pack is risky because I might not see all the games. On the other hand the cost of a single game is quite a bit when you can listen to the radio for free. At least most of the time. Since I heard about dataflix I have been concerned about the quality. Looks like my doubts are proving correct.

the audio 95.5/96.1 inside REA this year has been horrible too- long stretches off air, cutting in and out, and the signal seems to fluctuate so that sometimes 96.1 is better sometimes 95.5. any tech guru's in our midst think the problems with the digital audio may be related to the digital video problems? or is that a duh question?

the audio 95.5/96.1 inside REA this year has been horrible too- long stretches off air, cutting in and out, and the signal seems to fluctuate so that sometimes 96.1 is better sometimes 95.5. any tech guru's in our midst think the problems with the digital audio may be related to the digital video problems? or is that a duh question?

My sister, who lives in Grand Forks and listens to the hockey games, has become fed up with 96.1. She says everynight they are having problems. I guess a lot of times they cut in and out or nothing happens at all, and this is coming over the radio. 96.1 acts like nothing is wrong and their broadcasts are perfect.

For whatever reason, there are places on campus where you can pick up some stations well and others not so well or not at all. I don't know what causes it. But I do know that in the two different buildings in which I've worked, depending on the location within the building, how well someone could pick up a particular station varied greatly. In most cases, I don't think it's the radio stations' fault that this happens.

I don't doubt that the problems with audio are somehow related to the problems with video.

Since I paid my $100, i'll suffer through this and continue to get frustrated this year, but dataflix will be a done deal for me in the future. My one time gift to them. :lol: (I'd take a refund and be gone in a second this year, also).

Aside from the first freebie games and the Friday night SCCC game I have had few problems with Dataflix and have been very happy with it. Perhaps this is because I went in to it with realistic expectations (ie, I expected technical difficulties from time to time - we're dealing with computers here... nothing ever goes right 100% of the time). As someone who lives far away from ND, I am very appreciative of being able to watch the games each weekend. Although I was happy listening to the radio broadcast over the net, it does not compare to being able to watch the game. I get as frustrated as anyone else when it rebuffers and freezes up, but to be honest, I have had very few problems... certainly not enough for me to not use the service next year. I agree that it could get better and I think this is the kind of constructive feedback which Dataflix needs in order to improve the service.

I used dataflix last night and was suprised. Like Schmitzzz, I did it expecting some problems. There was only one time during the whole broadcast where it started buffering, and it was during one our goals, but I guess it is okay since there were plenty of others to see last night. I wasn't going to try it after all of the bad talk on here about it, but I went ahead and did it and now I am planning on using it again tonight.

I purchased the season hockey package on DataFlix. On one hand, its amazing that I can sit at home and watch Sioux hockey on my computer. On the other hand, it gets extremely frustrating waiting for it to quit buffering. It takes the flow of the game away. I have watched all of the games this season on DataFlix so far. Luckily, the buffering problem hasn't happened all that much. However, it is horrible tonight.

I purchased the season hockey package on DataFlix. On one hand, its amazing that I can sit at home and watch Sioux hockey on my computer. On the other hand, it gets extremely frustrating waiting for it to quit buffering. It takes the flow of the game away. I have watched all of the games this season on DataFlix so far. Luckily, the buffering problem hasn't happened all that much. However, it is horrible tonight.

It was HORRIBLE tonight (I turned it off and turned to the audio). IT was fairly bad for the end of the game last night, and unwatchable during the first st cloud game.

Here's a return email from them after last night:

We have been on the phone with our provider tonight to see if there are any constraints on our bandwidth and they assure us that there is not. We are not convinced and will look to move to another provider if we have to. It is not acceptable to us either if we cannot deliver a quality product.

Thanks for your patience.

I'm convinced it's a traffic thing, and those that are real close to an internet backbone get good results most of the time, while others do not. It's very similar at my end to the audio broadcast of a few years ago; when it got busy, it went down the tubes for many listeners.

Hopfully they can get it fixed. I really don't mind a rebuffer now and then (say, onec per period) , but when the game becomes unwatchable it is frustrating... I never did see Colby's second goal last night. I really could be a fantastic product for Sioux fans around the country if they could make the quality a little more constistant. It has worked great for most games, but it hasn't worked so well in two of the last four.