SiouxSports.com Forum

Dataflix

terbele

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having the same problems, I watch mlb on a webcast about 100 times a year and never have any type of troubles like this. Something has to start getting looked at.

I watched a couple of twins games towards the end of he year. it was almost like watching it on TV.. Of course, they stream at 350 and not 222.

I was having the same problems, I watch mlb on a webcast about 100 times a year and never have any type of troubles like this. Something has to start getting looked at.

Since you guys tend to only get 2/3 of the game, you should ask for 1/3 of your money back.

Nice. Should mean your only into this thing to the tune of....9 bucks?

Unfortunately not. I complained last Friday and they emailed me a freebee code for the Saturday night game. NOt much good when you've already bought the whole package.

Third period streamed well.

Does the Dataflix feed always cut off immediately after the game ends? I would have like to have seen the replay of the Smaby "slashing" and listened to the post-game...

They've shown some post game interviews after Sat. night games, but otherwise cuts off immediately.

Unfortunately not. I complained last Friday and they emailed me a freebee code for the Saturday night game. NOt much good when you've already bought the whole package.

Third period streamed well.

Just my smart a$$ way of saying I don't think the thing ever works, based on my experience (Duluth HOF Game and Concordia). I'm a stickler for expecting value for my money.

the webcast wasn't that bad, better than nothing at all

Personally I think it was better listening to just the audio, because the audio has a constant stream. When dataflix rebuffers (which happened often) not only does it set the game way back in time ,but you lost the audio too.

You know what I would have done if I were the webcast people? I would have run the first season almost free. Let me explain:

Webcast comes out and puts out a process: Fill out a survey, sign an agreement saying that you understand all copyrights and blah blah and that you understand that future seasons may be broadcast on webcast for compensation.

Then, run the webcast for the season and work out the kinks that way. Every time there is a problem we cannot complain too loudly because the service is free. Then they can concentrate on making it work and not giving out refunds ever time.

If you go into a system of pay for webstreaming, like Dataflix is, you should go in having perfected the system as much as possible, which the dataflix people obviously have not done yet.

Now there are going to be many people complaining and demanding refunds all season long and I doubt the Dataflix people will break even anyways. And the only thing they show for it at the end of the season is a bunch of potential customers turned away by a season of bad performance and unment promises.