SiouxSports.com Forum

Music At the Ralph

It's more fun Drunk

:D:p:lol: Who's Katie O'Keith? :p

That's another thing....Katie O'Keefe needs to do more!!! We tell her that all the time around the box :D ...ain't that right Redwing?

I have a seat for her any time, any period!

I'm still hurt that she didn't come and sit next to me at all. (hurt but not surprised.)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerseychasher:

Funeral march played when the Sioux have been scored upon? Surely, you don't mean, "Fight On Sioux," which is, in my opinion, the best damn fight song there is. The words go a little something like this:

Fight on, Sioux

We're all for you

We're thousands of strong and loyal souls

We know you'll win every game you're in

No matter how distant the goals

And, as we go, we'll show each foe

That we're the toughest tribe ["team," in PC parlance] between the poles.

We're rough and tough, it's true

But we're sportsmen through and through.

We're the Fighting Sioux

from North Dakota U.

Whatever happened to putting the words to the School song on the scoreboard? The first year at the new arena, when we were trying to figure things out, REA people said they'd do this. They never did though. I'd think this would be a good thing as there are many students (and I'm sure other people) who don't know the words. And it can't be very hard to do.

What I actually ment was when the other team scored. Did I say when the sioux scored? I must have mistyped something. But yeah, it does kind of sound like a funeral march in the beginning.

Anybody know that one kind of techno song they play during the warm ups?

I know they have played "Crawl" and "Faint" by Linkin Park, "Right here Right now" by Van Halen during warm ups.

They may also have played "Zombie Nation" during that time too, but I'm not certain.

I guess I'm too busy checking out the other team during warm ups to pay too much attention to the music.

What I actually ment was when the other team scored. Did I say when the sioux scored? I must have mistyped something. But yeah, it does kind of sound like a funeral march in the beginning.

YaneA answered your question. When the opponent scores, the band plays "Fight On Sioux". When the Sioux score, the band plays "Stand Up and Cheer".

Years ago, the band would start playing Fight On Sioux a minute or two before the Sioux hit the ice, slowing building the volume and the tempo; when the Sioux hit the ice, they would play "Stand Up and Cheer". But that was back when the sound from the band would fill the old REA. Whether its because of lack of talent, numbers, or simply their location in the arena - the band does not have that impact anymore. That is too bad. I for one would be willing to contribute to a band fund to get them back in the game.

On another note, you were right, it's Zombie Nation. Linkin Park isn't techno (unless you count ressurection)

They just need to play some good ole' Metalica and other good @$$ kickin songs before the game. Welcome to the Jungle is a classic.

BTW its Re-animation not ressurection.

This comment sounds really bad ;)

On another note, you were right, it's Zombie Nation. Linkin Park isn't techno (unless you count ressurection)

At least I don't get the breezers in the face treatment whenever someone comes into the penalty box ;)

And people know darn well what I mean ??? Due to my voice being an asset, I use warmups to determine an estimate as to how many times I'm going to have to yell SIEVE or even if I am going to get the opportunity to do the Blackhole chant :)

They just need to play some good ole' Metalica and other good @$$ kickin songs before the game. Welcome to the Jungle is a classic.

BTW its Re-animation not ressurection.

This just goes to show you what happens when you close down the bar, work from 8-4, drive 5 hours to the Cities, then try to post at 1:30 AM ;)

redwing...breezers in the face?...there's glass in front of me and they're like 3-4 feet below me.

They need to play some Snoop ???:)

No, I guess you guys aren't right. It's a song they play during their warm ups. A female voice is singing in the background and it sounds like a techno song. If I'm not mistaking some of the lyrics I've heard in the song are "wanted for treason." Does ANYBODY know what song I'm talking about? Or am I just nuts.

No, I guess you guys aren't right. It's a song they play during their warm ups. A female voice is singing in the background and it sounds like a techno song. If I'm not mistaking some of the lyrics I've heard in the song are "wanted for treason." Does ANYBODY know what song I'm talking about? Or am I just nuts.

I know what song your talking about...it's the one that they play right before the Bottom of the Bottle song. But I have no clue what it's called. So i guess i'm not much help.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this up again, but just out of curiosity, what did everyone think of the music this weekend without the band? I think they needed to play the music after the goals louder! I kind of missed the band, I like it when they play.

Also, I missed having Scott Hennen on the PA. When this guy announced the scoring he said it way to fast for the crowd to say it with him like Scott, not really a big deal, just something I noticed.

I really think the band was missed. Gosh, after me advocating standards for the band it was really an odd experience not to have them.

As for the music at the Ralph, they don't turn up the music because then some of the public complain about the noise. Case in point: U-18 game. Seemed like half the speakers were on.

Also, that was just about the lamest 2nd intermission show I've ever seen at the Ralph. I guess I'm just not much for the Christmas spirit. Bah Humbug.

I think Hennan's replacement was alright though his voice doesn't fill the arena like Hennan's does. He also tried unsuccessfully to place the sponsors first instead of the players or the events on the ice. It's never sponsors first game second at the Ralph. Or maybe that's how I think it should be. In fact, I think the reason why our PP has lacked luster is because it is sponsored by a newspaper. I think we need to make changes, so let's have the PP sponsored by Hooters :lol: The Herald can sponsor the PK :lol:

No the worst intermission show was that hanson Bros. debacle. I still don't know what the hell it was supposed to be. :lol:

Some of the public needs to quit complaining and pay a little more attention to the game. Gomers.

I do have a question, how were they able to make that first intermission video about the young man with brain cancer have such good audio? It was the first time I have ever completely understood what was being said. Why can't they do this with all the videos and other things they do?

awwww.. you guys missed the band.... :lol: .... i was a member of the pride of the north band last year when i went to school @ UND... so of course.. i played hockey band too being a huge fan of hockey n all...

it never seems like poeple actually appreciate or even like the band...

of course its all about hockey that night... i totally agree...

but sometimes i would think.. why are we even playing?...

except for the good ol beer song.. oh and the fight song too :lol:

. . . nice to know others missed them . . . :huh:

awwww.. you guys missed the band.... :silly: .... i was a member of the pride of the north band last year when i went to school @ UND... so of course.. i played hockey band too being a huge fan of hockey n all...

it never seems like poeple actually appreciate or even like the band...

of course its all about hockey that night... i totally agree...

but sometimes i would think.. why are we even playing?...

except for the good ol beer song.. oh and the fight song too :blush:

. . . nice to know others missed them . . . :love:

They are missed, just how much (withholding the beer song and school song) was widely debated. A lot of the complaints were due to the speaker system with the Ralph. It is supposedly top of the line yet we never reap the full wonders of it... until the video during 1st intermission on Saturday.

But I don't want to get back into that debate again.

I would love to hear that organ work :love: