SiouxSports.com Forum

Music At the Ralph

It's more fun Drunk

How about the powers that can, play some Linkin Park "Crawling" for warm ups and then some "Sandstorm" "Zombie Nation" and some sweet techno music. This years music is horrible. The intro to the Sioux line up on the Dak could be better too. "Lose Yourself" was awesome. Maybe some Saliva or Foo Fighter "All My LIfe" and then after a Sioux goal a song should be played like the same one everytime.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe PCM is correct about warm-ups music. That's how it was "back in the day."

Regarding music, I think they should grab clips from the middle of songs and not be tied to playing tunes from the beginning. They have the technology to create "situational clips" (and not kill us with too much volume at the start also). The key would be to have a good lyrical phrase with up-tempo music immediately with it.

Some recommendations:

When the other team is yapping about something to the ref:

" ... a little less talk and a lot more action ... " -- Toby Keith

" ... you're whinin', complainin', and pitchin' a fit; Get over it!" -- The Eagles

There have to be other good combos. Discuss. :)

Another just struck me.

As an opposing player is going to the 'sin bin' (or maybe after Prpich "does" another guy like he did Peluso):

He had it coming

He had it coming

He only had himself to blame

If you'd have been there

If you'd have seen it

I betcha you would have done the same! -- from the Cell Block Tango in the movie/musical "Chicago"

This has nothing to do with music but does anyone know where that aboslutely hillarious driving clip was from that they had last weekend? You know the one where the two old people are pulling up on another car, with the woman in the passenger seat. She picks up a steering wheel and as they go to pass the other car, she jerks her steering wheel toward him, making the other car think he is gonna be run into. Holy crap was that hillarious. :)

Another just struck me.

As an opposing player is going to the 'sin bin' (or maybe after Prpich "does" another guy like he did Peluso):

He had it coming

He had it coming

He only had himself to blame

If you'd have been there

If you'd have seen it

I betcha you would have done the same! -- from the Cell Block Tango in the movie/musical "Chicago"

you just admitted to watching Chicago, wow

This has nothing to do with music but does anyone know where that aboslutely hillarious driving clip was from that they had last weekend? You know the one where the two old people are pulling up on another car, with the woman in the passenger seat. She picks up a steering wheel and as they go to pass the other car, she jerks her steering wheel toward him, making the other car think he is gonna be run into. Holy crap was that hillarious. :)

Unfortunately for you I just deleted it from my email yesterday to free up space.

I am particular to "Get Over It" by Ok Go when the other team is squabbling with the ref.

As for warmups, let them be the same as they are. . The Players choose it.

One thing though: Under NO circumstances during the game should we hear pop/chick music :) No Hootie, No Shania, No Faith, NO COUNTRY, No COunting Crows. We're here to rock n' roll. Let's keep it that way.

I was wondering the same thing. It was so stupid it was funny.

One thing though: Under NO circumstances during the game should we hear pop/chick music :) No Hootie, No Shania, No Faith, NO COUNTRY, No COunting Crows. We're here to rock n' roll. Let's keep it that way.

I actually liked it when they played "Big Deal" by Leann Rimes after the other team scored.

I am particular to "Get Over It" by Ok Go when the other team is squabbling with the ref.

As for warmups, let them be the same as they are. . The Players choose it.

They do play some really lame songs at times during the games. Maybe if they played more up beat music, the crowd would get into the game more. I like it when they play Welcome to the Jungle, it is just too bad that most of the older crowd do not understand that when it is played that they should make noise. I also like when they play Disturbed's rendition of Shout...

Hey, help me out here? In the Old Engelstad, didn't Scott H. use to get on the PA at the start of a power play and say "On your feet, Sioux Fans! It's time for another Fighting Sioux Power Play!!!" ? I am sure this would NEVER HAPPEN, in the "NEW FAMILY-ORIENTED, DON'T MISBEHAVE, OR WE"LL REVOKE YOUR SEASON TICKETS, RALPH ENGELSTAD ARENA!", but maybe if they would let Scott do that, it might help the atmosphere.

I recieved a forward about a two months ago concerning the Old Lady Driving. I laughed my ass off the first time I saw it!! :) It was fun to watch everyone else in the arena laugh as hard as I did! That was one highlight of a great night!

Now Concerning the playing of Welcome to the Jungle......You can always make an accurate prediction that each night they will play that song at least two or more times. I guess thats alright since it seems to be the only song that can get everyone out of their seats!!!

Hey, help me out here? In the Old Engelstad, didn't Scott H. use to get on the PA at the start of a power play and say "On your feet, Sioux Fans! It's time for another Fighting Sioux Power Play!!!" ? I am sure this would NEVER HAPPEN, in the "NEW FAMILY-ORIENTED, DON'T MISBEHAVE, OR WE"LL REVOKE YOUR SEASON TICKETS, RALPH ENGELSTAD ARENA!", but maybe if they would let Scott do that, it might help the atmosphere.

I think you're confused with 3rd down at The Al (and I think it's BL Rivers over there). I don't recall Hennen ever doing that at either REA.