SiouxSports.com Forum

Junior Potulny gone four months

denbo1

According to R. Potulny's account, he injured it fighting for the puck while being checked along the boards, when his skate stuck at the same time he tried to turn. Not the result of a hit at all, according to him. Probably something someone watching the game even noticed, since he continued playing and played the next day also.

And I agree with dagies, why would the Sioux players single out the Potulny's for cheap shots because they are from GF. Have little doubt the fans would give them a bit of grief (as well as other gophers), but signs and taunts don't cause injuries, I don't think :)

Dagies, would be interesting to see on the tape if Prpich was ever around R. Potulny on the ice, would guess it was minimal given the shadowing of Vanek.

You'd think there would be a ruckus over this on POI already; someone had to hear it on the radio show, and, as yet, not a word?

According to R. Potulny's account, he injured it fighting for the puck while being checked along the boards, when his skate stuck at the same time he tried to turn. Not the result of a hit at all, according to him. Probably something noone watching the game even noticed, since he continued playing and played the next day also.

And I agree with dagies, why would the Sioux players single out the Potulny's for cheap shots because they are from GF. Have little doubt the fans would give them a bit of grief (as well as other gophers), but signs and taunts don't cause injuries, I don't think :)

Dagies, would be interesting to see on the tape if Prpich was ever around R. Potulny on the ice, would guess it was minimal given the shadowing of Vanek.

You'd think there would be a ruckus over this on POI already; someone had to hear it on the radio show, and, as yet, not a word?

I listened when Grant was on PA and Dubay and he made no mention of this at all. He was very cool and calm and talked about being outworked against the Sioux and how they need to step it up this week against Bucky.

I listened when Grant was on PA and Dubay and he made no mention of this at all. He was very cool and calm and talked about being outworked against the Sioux and how they need to step it up this week against Bucky.

I honestly didn't think Grant would say something like this. Hopefully it was just a "radio bit" that was misunderstood. Otherwise, January's visit to the Ooochie could get ugly! ;)

1. This kind of reaction does not fit Grant's SOP.

2. Right now, GP is more POed at his own team's performance and future.

3. As someone mentioned, the injury was caused in a fight for the puck - this is straight from RP

I would guess someone is trying to get Sioux fans dander up.

I agree the Sioux players have little reason to single Grant or Ryan out, their dad's insipid whining notwithstanding.

I doubt Grant would say anything like that, especially when he knows it would end up in front of Prpich in January. He's a pretty solid guy who knows his role as a leader, witness his scoring first on Saturday. He's more likely to rip his own team, as a good captain would, than getting our guys more pumped for the rematch in January. (Especially since he won't be around to defend his brother next season if the games did get ugly over something like this.) Moreover, if Ryan has a good idea of when/how it happened and it was the result of a legitimate scrum along the boards, this is probably more BS than anything. I'm still curious why he played Saturday, unless the Friday injury was exacerbated somehow Saturday.

As far as Nanne: Hey, Louie! Looks like your Caddy, with its left blinker flashing all day, didn't get to Faribault fast enough ... maybe you should climb off Sid's lap for once and get in the game. :)

;)

I agree the Sioux players have little reason to single Grant or Ryan out, their dad's insipid whining notwithstanding. 

Based on what several who know the kids that post here, good to hear they haven't picked up the Jay "Superstar" mentality.

I don't know why at this point, unless you're referring to the situation next year & the logjam of goalies we'll have then. But then again, Sioux could start out 20-0 & there would always be the possibility of a controversy...Human nature, perhaps...

I was just trying to sound like a gopher fan for a little bit. Next year does scare me though, we half of the roster being goalies.