SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-Bulldogs Question

lystesioux

Actually, it doesn't. They are under no obligation to provide their private medical information to anyone. That is part of what the law is about, that information is private, although it isn't specific to athletes. HIPAA laws apply to everyone in every walk of life. Why would they want to tell someone where they are injured? Just so fans feel better because they have some knowledge? And also let players on other teams know where their weak point is so they can take shots? Fans don't have any rights to that kind of information.

Don't agree with everything you said, but totally respect your opinions.

Don't agree with everything you said, but totally respect your opinions.

How about this for an example, would you like it if all of your medical conditions or issues were broadcast on SiouxSports.com? Or on television and radio? Do any of the rest of us have a right to that information? Of course not. Medical information, information about a person's body, is private. They can share it if they want, but they also have the right to keep it private. I believe that the individual's rights trump the rights of the masses in this type situation. And I guess that the US government agreed because they made the law several years ago.

Anyone else besides YaneA going to the game? I'm interested to know what Sioux fans think of the arena. Obviously it's no marble palace like the Ralph but it will be nice to hear opposing fans's opinions.

I'll be there in the 13th row behind the net. I was lucky enough to get 5 tickets when they went on sale on ticketmaster. Should be a great time if the weather allows us to drive up from the cities.

Anyone else besides YaneA going to the game? I'm interested to know what Sioux fans think of the arena. Obviously it's no marble palace like the Ralph but it will be nice to hear opposing fans's opinions.

I'm gonna be there!! You can buy me a beer between periods. There will be beer, right? ;)

I'm gonna be there!! You can buy me a beer between periods. There will be beer, right? ;)

Not in the arena but right outside. Or I could make you run to the Sports Garden and back with FireHelmetGuy!

I can't wait to see you! I'll message you my number, as I'm not sure I still have yours. Are you going on the Old People Bus? :lol:

Black Bear isn't that far away from Duluth.

Not in the arena but right outside. Or I could make you run to the Sports Garden and back with FireHelmetGuy!

I can't wait to see you! I'll message you my number, as I'm not sure I still have yours. Are you going on the Old People Bus? :lol:

Black Bear isn't that far away from Duluth.

Hmmm, I think FireHelmetGuy can bring back all the beers we need in his helmet! I'm to young and limber to go on the OPB! I'm coming from Wisconsin and my son is coming from Fargo. We're meeting at my other son's place in Mpls and hope to be in Duluth around noon.. I should be in bed but like a kid on Christmas Eve, I can't sleep.

IT"S GOING TO BE A HOT TIME IN THE OLD TOWN TONIGHT!!!

How about this for an example, would you like it if all of your medical conditions or issues were broadcast on SiouxSports.com? Or on television and radio? Do any of the rest of us have a right to that information? Of course not. Medical information, information about a person's body, is private. They can share it if they want, but they also have the right to keep it private. I believe that the individual's rights trump the rights of the masses in this type situation. And I guess that the US government agreed because they made the law several years ago.

Which brings me around to the earlier question......do the players themselves make the decision to either comment or not on their condition, or are they advised by the team or someone else not to? ......just wondering.

Which brings me around to the earlier question......do the players themselves make the decision to either comment or not on their condition, or are they advised by the team or someone else not to? ......just wondering.

My GUESS, is that they are strongly advised against disclosing any information...