Nick Bjugstad, Minnesota

Ryan Bourque, QMJHL

Connor Brickley, Vermont

Chris Brown, Michigan

Mitch Callahan, WHL

Charlie Coyle, Boston University

Jerry D

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I actually expect Nelson to get cut. He just hasn't transitioned fully yet to the speed of the college game, and if that's the case, he likely isn't ready for a World Junior appearance. I'm not knocking his skills, because he is very young and VERY skilled...he's just still developing.

To be honest, I actually expect Nelson to get cut. He just hasn't transitioned fully yet to the speed of the college game, and if that's the case, he likely isn't ready for a World Junior appearance. I'm not knocking his skills, because he is very young and VERY skilled...he's just still developing.

Siouxforce 19 I didn't take that seriously.

I expect him to get cut too. He seems to get knocked around pretty easy but with other kids his same size and age he might do a little better of staying on his feet and with his skills I think hope he can sneak in there.

Siouxforce 19 I didn't take that seriously.

I expect him to get cut too. He seems to get knocked around pretty easy but with other kids his same size and age he might do a little better of staying on his feet and with his skills I think hope he can sneak in there.

About Nelson: I was kind of surprised he was invited to the camp considering he hasn't exactly lit it up. But he had a real strong summer camp and I think that stuck with the USA hockey evaluators. The popular thought is that they will take either Nelson or Nick Bjugstad since they're similar players in size, etc. Most feel Bjugstad will be the one taken, even though he hasn't exactly lit up college hockey either. It'll be interesting to see the final squad, no matter who makes it. I'm excited for this tournament either way. It's kind of sad thinking it could have been in Grand Forks though. :sad:

Looks like Nelson is having a good game thus far:

19:50 PENALTY USA’s Chris Brown off for holding. A FLURRY of U.S. shots, including a terrific rush by Brock Nelson, who may be Team USA’s top forward of period 1.

Along with his faceoff win that led to Chris Brown’s goal, Brock Nelson went 5-for-7 on the draw in that period.

morin will join team usa from his ahl team chicago. with he, leddy, dmigo, palmerie, is this out of the norm? i cant remember having many ahl guys but maybe i just never noticed that. heck leddy and morin have played with the blackhawks already this season so hope they can make a big impact!!

grimaldi, nelson and forbort in today

blog

live stats vs rpi - nelson 1a so far today

usa vs rpi shootout

grimaldi makes 2nd goal for usa on video. this video only shows the goals and not misses and i think grimaldi went twice

lets hope nelsons 2a game keeps him around for a bit. ive read that he could be the 3rd or 4th line center or may not make it. forbort seems to be a lock. i wonder if that last center spot will be between he and the gophs bjustad or will both wcha guys make the squad?

go usa!!

back to back golds??

been following tsn's wjt canada coverage and goaltending seems to be a high concern for the canucks this year

With the importance of faceoffs, and the puck possession games a lot of the international teams play I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nelson made the team. I think with the goaltending they have, the forwards, and the experience that they bring back anything less than a top three finish would be a major disappointment for this hockey team.

With the importance of faceoffs, and the puck possession games a lot of the international teams play I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nelson made the team. I think with the goaltending they have, the forwards, and the experience that they bring back anything less than a top three finish would be a major disappointment for this hockey team.

My expectations are higher. Any year they aren't in the Gold medal game is a failure.

My expectations are higher. Any year they aren't in the Gold medal game is a failure.

this year i agree! few years ago i would say any medal but this team is solid again and at least they should play for the gold. that being said, anything can happen with this type of format. i hope nelson, forbort, grimaldi and bjugstad make the team!!

http://www.facebook.com/USAHockey

Nelson, Forbort make team - Rocco does not

The 2011 U.S. National Junior Team:

Goaltenders - Jack Campbell, Andy Iles

Defensemen - Brian Dumoulin, Justin Faulk, Derek Forbort, Nick Leddy, Jon Merrill, John Ramage, Patrick Wey

Forwards - Nick Bjugstad, Ryan Bourque, Chris Brown, Mitch Callahan, Charlie Coyle, Jerry D'Amigo, Emerson Etem, Chris Kreider, Jeremy Morin, Brock Nelson, Kyle Palmieri, Drew Shore, Jason Zucker