SiouxSports.com Forum

UND@Montana

Hansel

"This Week in Big Sky Football" - www.bigskyconf.com

Coach Mussman makes his Big Sky debut...

Joining host Scott Garrard this week are North Dakota football coach Chris Mussman, Northern Colorado safety Max Hewitt and Craig Haley, executive director of FCS football for the Sports Network.

The podcast isn't working on my work computer (IE6)...anyone care to provide a synopsis?

"This Week in Big Sky Football" - www.bigskyconf.com

Coach Mussman makes his Big Sky debut...

The podcast isn't working on my work computer (IE6)...anyone care to provide a synopsis?

Just listened to it. I was a bit surprised that Mussman guaranteed a victory a la Joe Namath. ;)

Talked about the benefit of having one conference as opposed to a separate conference for football, how excited everybody is to join the Big Sky, how recruiting has already expanded westward and will continue to do so, how UND is committed to being a competitive football program in the Big Sky, how UND doesn't have the depth yet to be where we want to be, how youth and inexperience has resulted in a lot of mistakes this year, and how UND won't be intimidated at Montana due to experience of having played FBS programs the past two years.

Just listened to it. I was a bit surprised that Mussman guaranteed a victory a la Joe Namath. ;)

Talked about the benefit of having one conference as opposed to a separate conference for football, how excited everybody is to join the Big Sky, how recruiting has already expanded westward and will continue to do so, how UND is committed to being a competitive football program in the Big Sky, how UND doesn't have the depth yet to be where we want to be, how youth and inexperience has resulted in a lot of mistakes this year, and how UND won't be intimidated at Montana due to experience of having played FBS programs the past two years.

Thanks.

One of my good freinds is a Griz season ticket holder. He is very excited to see UND on Sat. and even more excited they joined the Big Sky. He said the Griz have been playing "decent" as of late. He feels the Griz will score a bunch on UND but could give up a bunch as well.

His guess is Griz by a couple TDs when it is all said and done...and I couldn't argue against that.

I was banned for a while, so I don't want to offend anyone, but has interest for Sioux football dropped off the face of the earth? Hardly any comments on here, like 2 people on egriz, you are playing Montana, remember? Come on guys!

But UND also play hockey versus Wisconsin this weekend. It's only about ten times more important to Sioux fans. :D

I was banned for a while, so I don't want to offend anyone, but has interest for Sioux football dropped off the face of the earth? Hardly any comments on here, like 2 people on egriz, you are playing Montana, remember? Come on guys!

I agree.

It seems like everyone is waiting...waiting...waiting....for games to matter. The hardcore fans know that all of these transition games are important for building momentum, etc....but the average fan just can't seem to get interested. I think that is to be expected. Also, I think most people are pretty apathetic about this year's squad, and expect us to lose at Montana.

IF UND was to upset Montana, I think many more people would pay attention to the program, and it would be a great stepping stone into next year and beyond. Call them "bandwagon fans", but we would certainly take anyone to get some excitement going again. I think it will happen, but I'm afraid it might not be until 2012.

Watch the game folks! It is on TV at 1 pm.

GO SIOUX!

BEAT MONTANA!

Where is it being broadcasted on TV???

Saturday's game will also be broadcast live on the following channels:

* Fighting Sioux Sports Network (Cable affiliates throughout North Dakota and NW Minnesota)

* Midco Sports Network channel 27 ( North and South Dakota)

Coverage begins at 1 p.m. (central)

Saturday's game will also be broadcast live on the following channels:

* Fighting Sioux Sports Network (Cable affiliates throughout North Dakota and NW Minnesota)

* Midco Sports Network channel 27 ( North and South Dakota)

Coverage begins at 1 p.m. (central)

Unfortunately/Fortunately, take your pick, NDSU vs SDSU are on FSN on Directv at 3 pm in the Twin cities. Would rather watch UND vs UM.

One of my good freinds is a Griz season ticket holder. He is very excited to see UND on Sat. and even more excited they joined the Big Sky. He said the Griz have been playing "decent" as of late. He feels the Griz will score a bunch on UND but could give up a bunch as well.

His guess is Griz by a couple TDs when it is all said and done...and I couldn't argue against that.

Talked to my buddy tonight. He said Griz a totally different team at home than on the road. He said they pass the ball well...even to the other team. If this game were a road game for the Griz, he'd call it a pick 'em.

I called it 38-21 Griz. His call 35-24 Griz.