SiouxSports.com Forum

minnesota idea

YaneA

undhockey5: No, I don't mind at all if you want to make those signs. I have already printed the Crappie/Crappy one and others on my initial list that have gotten at least one "vote" here. Given my sign-making experience, my only suggestion to you would be to use large enough print (between 500 and 600-point type--lettering about 5 or 6 inches tall-- can be seen across ice).

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKay sounds good-- do those ones i picked out sound good to you? have you made those yet?? If you have i totally dont care-- I kind of want to make one that says somethinga bout UND having 7 NCAA championships and Minn only having 5 any ideas?

UND 7>MN 5>SCSU 0

Because you know they will be watching... :D

The polls will remain open through the week so you can still vote for the sign you'd like to see in the arena.

Forecheck & redwing: If I bring the signs to you again during warmups on Friday, will you find them good homes? Someone willing to hold them up at an appropriate time and bring them back the next night? Can we get the guy behind the penalty box to cooperate again with the thought bubbles and caption signs? Redwing: Do you still have the "That call sucks" sign?

Thanks, Northstar. When I got home, I re-wound the tape & heard comments about you & the Tools and I'm with Stupid sign. "The guy behind the penalty box is at it again..." Sweeney said. Figures he wouldn't understand the Beckett reference but the people sitting in front on me got it.

Thanks, everybody, who made a suggestion.

How about a knockoff of that Minnesota "State of Hockey" logo. I was thinking about a sign that that replaces the outline of Minnesota with the outline of North Dakota. A phrase could read "North Dakota - The REAL State of Hockey". Then at the bottom it could say something like "UND - winning NCAA Championships since 1959".

I agree, jo, but I know some hockey players' Moms and I don't think THEY would find it funny. Better we censor ourselves than have security do it.

I still say you go with I got 2:00 for hooking but mom got 5. :D It's not like you're saying it about the SIOUX parents. Besides, you'd hope they would have a sense of humor.

Here are a few ideas, they arent exactly "finished" and you all have great ideas so I thought you could add your two cents to these ideas. Thanks, keep up the good work.

For a gopher in the penalty box:

Loser- noun. one who is incompetent or unable to succeed; somebody who is

unsuccessful or unlucky and is destined to fail repeatedly.

See Also (and then an arrow pointing down to the player

OR...thought bubble that say...

oh! my baloney has a first name its G-O-P-H-E-R... my baloney has a second name its H-O-C-K-E-Y...

OR...a sign that says:

Bring on the elephants, the clowns (insert UofM logo here) are already here

OR....signs that have anything to do with gopher traps (penalty boxes!),

Rodent bait...:) or road kill???

Sorry the ideas arent finished...just thought I would throw some out there! :D

What ever happened to just simply throwing a gopher on the ice? I threw one out there in 1998. Remember the live gopher that somebody snuck through the back smoking doors in a cage and threw on the ice that ran around for awhile? Maybe security is too tough in the new arena, I don't know.

YandA:

I loved the 1-800 ones. Something about a missing boy when he's in the penalty box would be funny.

Also, the caddyshack and slapshot references are great.

UND33:

I liked the clowns idea, but I think it needs some treaking. Maybe something with another team name.

I just got home and have been laughing for 20 minutes straight. I even laughed at WPoS. Is that wrong of me?

Anybody still do this chant... Just like we did to the Bison...

F the Gophers, F the Gophers, F the Gophers up the a**

Raise your glasses kick some a**es F the Gophers up the a**

I'm a Gopher, I'm a Gopher, I'm a Gopher kick my a**

Drink a dozen, F your cousin, I'm a Gopher kick my a**.

Oh wait, I guess you can't swear at the games anymore.

Or just make these signs you are talking about and put them on the glass behind the penalty box so we can see them down here on tv.

Hey diggs, any flies in that new arena yet this year? I just remember that the seats in the new arena aren't as forgiving as the old benches when you are drunk and fall forward three rows as I did a few times. Man, I wish I was still up there. This will be the second year in a row I haven't seen the Gophers play up there. Remember the couch burning that smoked the Gophers out of the locker room? That is my fondest Gopher/Sioux memory ever. Does anybody still try to throw snowballs when they get off the bus, or is it too difficult with the new tunnel?

How about just a simple sign held up to the glass that says, "Briggs your mom was great!"? Nothing too fancy, or you could pick on another player. (especially if his mom is in town) Just yell out, "Your mom or him for that matter is so easy to score on it's like throwing a hot dog down a hallway, parking a bicycle in an airplane hanger or throwing a toothpick down a hallway." (courtesy of Deuce Bigelow) Be careful though, because these are things I used to yell while hanging over the glass and a few pucks were shot at me sometimes.

You could piss off Gopher fans that are watching on television by imitating their rouser, spelling North Dakota. I'm sure they stole some of our cheers such as the funnel, vacuum, blackhole sieve cheer. And after the anthem, home of the SIOUX! It seems to me that everybody is now doing it. Did they copy us? Who had that first anyway? Who originated most of these cheers?