SiouxSports.com Forum

minnesota idea

YaneA

Wantaugh: I also figure, if you've seen "Slap Shot" often enough that you get the Eddie Shore reference, you've been desensitized and can't possibly be offended. If you don't get the reference, then you won't be offended, either, 'cause ignorance is bliss.

Would it be wrong to label the Treasonous Trio "Enemy Combatants"?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wantaugh: I also figure, if you've seen "Slap Shot" often enough that you get the Eddie Shore reference, you've been desensitized and can't possibly be offended. If you don't get the reference, then you won't be offended, either, 'cause ignorance is bliss.

Wow, ripping on players for leaving one state to play in another? Whooda thunk I'd be seeing this on a UND board and not a MN board. My how times have changed.... :D:)

I realize that the focus of the taunts should be the gopher team -- but anyone have any ideas about something for Somnor (& Nanne) -- along the lines --- Did you lose your map to SSM? (pertaining to their "friendly" persuasion trip to Zach's house -- Somnor hasn't called a game at the Ralph since ZPar became a Sioux)....

Also -- maybe have a serious sign giving praise to Herb Brooks -- since this is UND's first WCHA game there will be a moment of silence,right? A classy--praising sign to Herbie -- thanks for the memories -- (no reference to Zach please, just something focusing on what Herbie brought to US, college & WCHA hockey.

Also -- maybe have a serious sign giving praise to Herb Brooks -- since this is UND's first WCHA game there will be a moment of silence,right? A classy--praising sign to Herbie -- thanks for the memories -- (no reference to Zach please, just something focusing on what Herbie brought to US, college & WCHA hockey.

I received a jersey and t-shirt signed by Herb Brooks when he visited last year. It would be cool to wear the jersey for the honoring, but I don't trust the alcoholics behind me. I'm sure someone would spill something on it. :D

I'm not able to think something up, but what about doing the old MasterCard thing?

Priceless or whatever...

I hear the Gopher fans will show up wearing pull tab necklaces. They're really stretching. Maybe we can hit on that some?

Definitely need something honoring Brooks. The guy was a stud. He's also the only man who I'd openly admit was a better coach than Blais. Says a lot. But then again, Blais learned from Brooks so....

Maybe a sign that says "Brooks and Blais: Best Darn Coaches... Period. We'll miss you Herb!"

YaneA Posted on Nov 3 2003, 02:49 PM

YaneA Posted on Nov 3 2003, 03:01 PM

Re: The Treasonous Three. We could have their pictures with the phrase, "DEPORTED as UNDESIRABLE" superimposed.

YaneA, yes, both of these would be an improvement upon my suggestion.

Greyeagle Posted on Nov 3 2003, 02:54 PM

Wow, ripping on players for leaving one state to play in another? Whooda thunk I'd be seeing this on a UND board and not a MN board. My how times have changed....

GE, it's more local than just the state as all three played HS hockey in GF. And there is a big difference in merely not playing for the Sioux and deciding to play for the yellow menace to the SE.

I hear the Gopher fans will show up wearing pull tab necklaces. They're really stretching. Maybe we can hit on that some?

Well we wouldn't be able to see the necklaces on the Gopher players because this year they are definitely playing with their hands around their throats. *choke* :D

GE, it's more local than just the state as all three played HS hockey in GF. And there is a big difference in merely not playing for the Sioux and deciding to play for the yellow menace to the SE.

It's the irony IMO. MN and it's fans have been ripped for years for the all MN player thing. We get few players from ND and they're traitors. I find it very humorous.

And trust me, I understand. There is a long list of oustanding players from the Twin Cities who have put on the envy green jersey from the NW. :D

I think you might want to make one sign for Shepard and what he should do to his sheep instead of doing to us. :D

:)

I'm not a fan of Shepherd, junior and/or senior..... my problem is that since the terrible death of Senior Shepherd's mom (jr's grandma), and the press coverage that followed, I think of them as people who deal with everyday issues, and therefore can have a bad game or two or dozen ...... But life goes on .... and I'd put a wager down that 2nd to putting #2 in the penalty box, junior will get in the rut of sending #27 to the penalty box too. Neither Jr nor Sr seem to care for the Sioux's big, mobile and mean d-men.

:)

I'm not a fan of Shepherd, junior and/or senior..... my problem is that since the terrible death of Senior Shepherd's mom (jr's grandma), and the press coverage that followed, I think of them as people who deal with everyday issues, and therefore can have a bad game or two or dozen ...... But life goes on .... and I'd put a wager down that 2nd to putting #2 in the penalty box, junior will get in the rut of sending #27 to the penalty box too. Neither Jr nor Sr seem to care for the Sioux's big, mobile and mean d-men.

that's life, get over it, if you don't want any kind of ribbing, get out of the officiating business.

This has been very productive. It's true: Two heads are better than one but they sure stretch out a turtleneck.

If you haven't yet voted for your favorite (vote by quoting or cutting & pasting, just like in Florida), please do so in the next hour so the kids and I can get started tonight.

that's life, get over it, if you don't want any kind of ribbing, get out of the officiating business.

Just to clarify --- at no time did either Shepherd ask for anyone "to layoff" -- I'm sure with the number of years they've been in the business they don't expect kid glove treatment -- and I'm sure that they realize that UND crowds aren't exactly fans of their penalty calling.... heck -- when the incident happened there were gopher fans mad and posting about the fact that Senior was wearing a Denver Pioneer shirt at one of the press conferences. I just was saying that "I" probably won't jump on him as much as I used to .....

I sit in the front row-- right by the gophers box-- i am more then willing ot make some signs for the game and hold them up-- i have help from friends too.... I have read some of the ideas and would like to make some-- if i make one that says

1- sioux illustarted Gophers humiliated (love that one)

2- Prpich, Greene & Smaby-- Pest control

3- Pelt the Gophers

4- Gophers AKA Rodents

Anyone mind if i make those?? If you have any other ones let me know-- or if you dont want me too thats fine!