SiouxSports.com Forum

PA & Dubay

sprig

I somewhat surprised you guys get so worked up over these two clowns. The whole show (to me) is one big inside joke that is neither funny nor entertaining. They are basically just fallout due to the Body becoming guv.

That being said.....they are head & shoulders above the dope that follows them. Ug, is Cole a tool.

I would like a couple 13 14 people to replace pa and dubay.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to the series last year when Minnesota was looking up at No. 1 UND and Dubay was getting besieged by UND fans, he guaranteed that the Gophers would finish ahead of the Sioux....no question...and that Minnesota had far better talent than the Sioux. He ended up being right about that. Even after they split, UND fans were still outraged at his prophetic comments.

Prior to the series last year when Minnesota was looking up at No. 1 UND and Dubay was getting besieged by UND fans, he guaranteed that the Gophers would finish ahead of the Sioux....no question...and that Minnesota had far better talent than the Sioux. He ended up being right about that. Even after they split, UND fans were still outraged at his prophetic comments.

These two also were talking two weeks ago about the Vikings possibly going undefeated this year. These guys really are prophets.

I used to listen to PA and Dubay every day when I lived in MN. I still stream them on the net on occasion from Arizona. These guys are quite entertaining at times. I've met them around Mpls and always found them to be nice guys.

Bottom line though - NO - they do not know hockey - PA at least admits it. Dubay is a MN fan - so he automatically knows it all :glare: - but as far as true knowledge of the game - there's probably a couple kids skating at Riverside park this winter that have much more knowledge.

I used to listen to PA and Dubay every day when I lived in MN. I still stream them on the net on occasion from Arizona. These guys are quite entertaining at times. I've met them around Mpls and always found them to be nice guys.

Bottom line though - NO - they do not know hockey - PA at least admits it. Dubay is a MN fan - so he automatically knows it all :glare: - but as far as true knowledge of the game - there's probably a couple kids skating at Riverside park this winter that have much more knowledge.

lol, I think you are right on the money with that one.

You knew that too, huh? Yes, I heard a lot of Sioux fans say in early January, "Sure we'll finish behind Minnesota by the end of this season and we'll get bounced in the playin game of the Final Five and then be one and done in the NCAA Tournament."

I do recall that.

Fact is...Dubay got it right (with zero hockey knowledge), Sioux fans thought he was crazy when he said it.

And finally, he'd probably be pretty foolish to make the same statement this year.

I somewhat surprised you guys get so worked up over these two clowns. The whole show (to me) is one big inside joke that is neither funny nor entertaining. They are basically just fallout due to the Body becoming guv.

That being said.....they are head & shoulders above the dope that follows them. Ug, is Cole a tool.

Agreed. I never listen to them because they are SO lame. Dubay is just an over the top Gopher hockey fan, and PA knows nothing about hockey. PA is also BRUTAL as a football announcer, exceeding only the Chicago White Sox announcers in the homerism scale. Dan Roe was way better. I have also heard that they got the job by default.

The only thing that bothers me is that the fan (1280) in Fargo does not broadcast the Dan Patrick Show anymore, and only has Mike & Mike before 6:00 am and these 2 clowns fill our airspace. It was bad enough having Rush's program on a sports station, but these 2 clowns are not worth listening to. I can take the Superstar Mike Morris because he does not take himself too seriously and can be funny, but Dubay is just another Sid Hartman with a squeaky voice. That is not a compliment for you Gopher fans on this board. Sid can tell you everything he knows about hockey in under 30 seconds talking slow. Dubay is his equal, only more obnoxious.

Agreed. I never listen to them because they are SO lame. Dubay is just an over the top Gopher hockey fan, and PA knows nothing about hockey. PA is also BRUTAL as a football announcer, exceeding only the Chicago White Sox announcers in the homerism scale. Dan Roe was way better. I have also heard that they got the job by default.

The only thing that bothers me is that the fan (1280) in Fargo does not broadcast the Dan Patrick Show anymore, and only has Mike & Mike before 6:00 am and these 2 clowns fill our airspace. It was bad enough having Rush's program on a sports station, but these 2 clowns are not worth listening to. I can take the Superstar Mike Morris because he does not take himself too seriously and can be funny, but Dubay is just another Sid Hartman with a squeaky voice. That is not a compliment for you Gopher fans on this board. Sid can tell you everything he knows about hockey in under 30 seconds talking slow. Dubay is his equal, only more obnoxious.

who would you have rather gotten the job of vikes announcer: pa or ed schultz?

Personally, I'd say lose "The Superstar" Mike Morris, aka "all Vikings talk, all the time" too.

Put "Tim (Hennessy) and (Scott) Swyg(man)" on both KKXL 1440 AM in Grand Forks and KVOX 1280 AM Fargo during their morning show.

And how about getting the Sioux Coaches Show on KVOX AM too.

I don't mind listening to the rubes. They do get over the top, but I like how it's about mn sports. I wish they covered a bit more of the region however. Last winter they tried (not sure if they kept it up) calling all the affiliates to here about local news.

I do turn them off when they talk about the Gophers. They just get a bit ridiculus in the continuous Sioux bashing. I think they were po'd because gf didn't have them on for all 3 hours.

Whatever happened to the Wild's TV announcer?

Personally, I'd say lose "The Superstar" Mike Morris, aka "all Vikings talk, all the time" too.

Put "Tim (Hennessy) and (Scott) Swyg(man)" on both KKXL 1440 AM in Grand Forks and KVOX 1280 AM Fargo during their morning show.

And how about getting the Sioux Coaches Show on KVOX AM too.

The nothing at noon guy is horrible. I don't turn on the radio to listen to "nothing."

PA and JJ yuk it up wearing their maroon and gold, but they couldn't break down a hockey game if they wanted to. Obviously they haven't watched enough hockey to qualify as knowing what to say about any team the gophers go up against, including the Sioux. It is just a ducky and bunny show that talks sports and makes a feeble attempt to smack some hockey.

Make it three times. They keep blaming North Dakota rubes for sabatoging their show. I wonder what the real reason is.

EDIT: Maybe the third time was planned. I thought they re-ran the Dean Blais interview because they were knocked off the air again, but it sounded like that's the way they intended it.

Edited by PCM