SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Cal Poly

SiouxMD

:D

I've been frustrated with QB play over the past season and half as well, but who on the roster now do you think could do better. The staff obviously has no confidence in Goska's throwing ability..................they've said as much to the media. Nichols is 3rd string and has handed off 4 times in his career.

I fear that QB play could be even more frustrating next season.................

We were spoiled over that last decade with Klosterman, Bowenkamp, Manke, Freund, and yes........even Belmore.

troy delmer :D:D

Last I check Football was a Team Sport with 11 guys on the field at the same time....?

Absolutely.

I just think some players get the "Joe Mauer" treatment because of their hometown. It goes both ways, people who are calling for a different QB need to remember what you have just said. People who defend the "local boy" need to be fair and balanced and admit when mistakes are made.

Absolutely.

I just think some players get the "Joe Mauer" treatment because of their hometown. It goes both ways, people who are calling for a different QB need to remember what you have just said. People who defend the "local boy" need to be fair and balanced and admit when mistakes are made.

Ya should Jake have thrown the ball away at the end of the game yes let's not get to into blaming the qb for the whole loss a made field goal with three mins left and none of you have anything to whine about plus starting a drive on your own twenty five with one min and no timeouts not a good place to be in as a team not very likely to begin with

Great effort by an injury-riddled Sioux team against a highly-ranked team on their home field. The Sioux could have mailed it in after going down 13 - 0 and being badly outplayed but instead didn't give up, kept their poise and nearly pulled off a nice upset. Nice comeback; the one second half fumble really hurt our momentum. Gallant effort by the D; hopefully, the team will be encouraged overall and will put together a couple of complete games on the upcoming homestand. Hope to be there for the UC Davis game. Go SIOUX!!

Great effort by an injury-riddled Sioux team against a highly-ranked team on their home field. The Sioux could have mailed it in after going down 13 - 0 and being badly outplayed but instead didn't give up, kept their poise and nearly pulled off a nice upset. Nice comeback; the one second half fumble really hurt our momentum. Gallant effort by the D; hopefully, the team will be encouraged overall and will put together a couple of complete games on the upcoming homestand. Hope to be there for the UC Davis game. Go SIOUX!!

In the midst of euphoria after another close loss I have to say it looks like the offense again missed the bus and got to the game at halftime. The O line showed up even later. You cannot depend entirely on an offense of one speedy wide receiver. It is disappointing that a coach who was an O lineman cannot find or inspire better O line play to get more than 57 yds rushing and one first down in the first half. Thirteen minutes difference in time of possession is going to kill you every time and it has this season. I hope that Muss can develop the Redshirts or find new recruits that can move the football on the ground at least part of the time. Until this program finds some horses for the O line it is not going to be very productive in spite of some gallant play by everyone else.

In the midst of euphoria after another close loss I have to say it looks like the offense again missed the bus and got to the game at halftime. The O line showed up even later. You cannot depend entirely on an offense of one speedy wide receiver. It is disappointing that a coach who was an O lineman cannot find or inspire better O line play to get more than 57 yds rushing and one first down in the first half. Thirteen minutes difference in time of possession is going to kill you every time and it has this season. I hope that Muss can develop the Redshirts or find new recruits that can move the football on the ground at least part of the time. Until this program finds some horses for the O line it is not going to be very productive in spite of some gallant play by everyone else.

How about the coaching? It seems like that could be part of the problem. I am a UND alum and huge fan but never real big on UND football. The coach we have now just doesn't seem to be getting the job done. Thoughts?

I agree to some extent but I don't think the OL talent is great right now UND has had a lot of issues with recruiting the OL over the last several years.

My thoughts

- Another dissapointing loss for the sioux fb team. I didn't expect miracles from this team this year but i expected them to be around or better than 500

- the defense did a good job last night. Especially considering the losses due to injuries.

- the 3/4 is great to stop the option offense. proved it again this year

- Offensively we played better in the second half

- I wonder if mussman had some hand in play calling this game. MUCH less predictable then in previous games.

- Jake played alright, everyone is bashing him for a couple plays but you need to remember he led the team down the field for the missed FG attempt.

- Hardin is our ONLY WR. other than hardin, Mcgill had 2 catches and Davis had the last catch of the game. What happened to anderson? I've given up hope on him ever developing

- I thought the pistol looked better yesterday - little more pace to it

- special teams has been good - up to this point. I guess that's what you expect from a young ST group early in the season, not now.

I'm not gonna panic this season. I do think something needs to happen in the off-season, however i don't believe it involves firing a head coach. THat would only set back this program even more. I AM excited about the past 2 recruiting classes and next year should be the year that we start to see the benefits. I also know that I'm not going to abandon this team this year and stop cheering for them and going to their games. See you next Saturday at the AL.

I've been frustrated with QB play over the past season and half as well, but who on the roster now do you think could do better. The staff obviously has no confidence in Goska's throwing ability..................they've said as much to the media. Nichols is 3rd string and has handed off 4 times in his career.

I fear that QB play could be even more frustrating next season.................

We were spoiled over that last decade with Klosterman, Bowenkamp, Manke, Freund, and yes........even Belmore.

IMO, Goska should be moved to WR for his senior year, and let whomever prevails in spring ball between Demler and Comes be the starter next year.

IMO, Goska should be move to WR for his senior year, and let whomever prevails in spring ball between Demler and Comes be the starter next year.

Mussman needs to be given credit for making QB recruiting a priority last year. If Bohl was making the decision, only one QB recruit gets brought in on scholarship.

Mussman needs to be given credit for making QB recruiting a priority last year. If Bohl was making the decision, only one QB recruit gets brought in on scholarship.

True, until now, we have the #1 QB recruit in the state as a redshirt, so hopeully things improved on that front.

• Downvote 1

True, until now, we have the #1 QB recruit in the state as a redshirt, so hopeully things improved on that front.

If your talking about Thornton, have you ever seen him throw? If he is your QB of the future I cannot wait to play you guys. Jensen is much better.

Thornton will be a slow Safety for you guys in 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thornton will likely never see the field for NDSU and probably would have sat behind both of the guys UND brought in last year for his entire career had he attended UND. The kid would have been better off staying home and playing for the University of Mary.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thornton will likely never see the field for NDSU and probably would have sat behind both of the guys UND brought in last year for his entire career had he attended UND. The kid would have been better off staying home and playing for the University of Mary.

I am so excited to see what Demler and/or Comes can do next year.

• Upvote 1