SiouxSports.com Forum

MLB Postseason

nodakvindy

Any other baseball fans out there? Just a few minutes to Game 1 of Yanks-Twins. The has the makings of a postseason for the Ages. Phillies look pretty tough in the NL while the AL seems wide open. And the first day of the playoffs gives us only the second no-hitter in postseason history. Should be a fun month of baseball.

Phillies are going to be hard to beat in the NL with the 3 stud pitchers (Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels) eating up the innings. AL is a crap-shoot, Yankees pitching is sketchy after Sabathia and TB's isn't much better, should give Texas and Minnesota a decent shot of advancing.

Wow, 2 run homer for Cuddyer, nice start for the Twinks.

Phillies are going to be hard to beat in the NL with the 3 stud pitchers (Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels) eating up the innings. AL is a crap-shoot, Yankees pitching is sketchy after Sabathia and TB's isn't much better, should give Texas and Minnesota a decent shot of advancing.

Wow, 2 run homer for Cuddyer, nice start for the Twinks.

I really don't see anyone in the NL going to be able to stop the Phillies. Especially when they're warming up on the Reds. Yeah, I buy into Cowherd's antics again. The Reds are the weakest team in the playoffs.

I know, you can poke fun at me because I'm a Cubs fan and, naturally, I hate the Reds, but let's face it... in the last 10 years or so, everyone NOT called the Cardinals in the NL Central have been jokes and pretenders going into the postseason, the Cubs kings of the title.

The Phillies will walk into the World Series.

The question is: Who will face them? The AL is again the league to watch this postseason because they will have the most entertaining series all together.

Each AL series looks like they could be exciting to watch.

The Giants/Braves series will be a snoozefest of 2-1, 3-2 , etc. type games. In games against each other, neither team is hitting better than .230. IIRC, The Braves have the better of the batting averages between the two at .228 or something like that. The Giants aren't even hitting above .200 against Atlanta.

The Phils will sweep the Reds.

While Halladay's no-no is obviously the story of Day 1, the best most competitive game was saved for last as the Yankees broke Minnesota's heart once again. After some September struggles, Mariano Rivera looks masterful once again. The AL Game 2s should be interesting, with the home teams trying not to go down 0-2. And it what almost seems to be the "throwaway series" the Giants look to exact some payback for 1993.

Despite what appeared to be some competitive matchups (and a surprising start in Game 2 by Cincinnati), its looking like all four series could be done in 3. These early blowout series really dampen the excitement and the TV ratings. Hopefully we see some comebacks as the series changes location and one or more goes to a Game 5. If not, then maybe the LCS and World Series will provide the drama and excitement.

Despite what appeared to be some competitive matchups (and a surprising start in Game 2 by Cincinnati), its looking like all four series could be done in 3. These early blowout series really dampen the excitement and the TV ratings. Hopefully we see some comebacks as the series changes location and one or more goes to a Game 5. If not, then maybe the LCS and World Series will provide the drama and excitement.

Thanks to a late rally late last night, the Braves evened their series with the Giants. Being a Braves fan, I stayed up to watch the whole thing. Braves have their ace, Tim Hudson, throwing on Sunday. Since they have the best home record in baseball, I like their chances in the series now that they got a split on the road.

Twins are done so there probably aren't to many people around here interested in baseball. My team is still around, but if Brooks Conrad has anything to say about it, they should be done after tonights game. Thankfully he will be riding the bench tonight. Bobby Cox has decided to put Glaus in at third and move Infante over to second. My fear it is too little too late.

I predict we will be seeing a Yankees vs. Phillies World Series...

The last couple of days have injected a little drama, but it does seem we are likely headed for the first repeat World Series in more than 30 years. Yankees pitching appears to have solidified and rest will only help going into the ALCS. Phils simply look to good against whoever comes out of the Giants-Braves series. I'd guess the LCS will go 5 or 6 games and the World Series will go 7 for the first time since 2002.

I like the Phillies for no particular reason - loved how they knocked the Cuban missle out of this world :silly: (& anyone who can throw 105 got my attention) never been a NL fan but http://images1.cpcache.com/product/240069141v17_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg ;)

Not going to argue with you.

The Reds were pretenders. So were the Twins. Sorry Minny fans.

I've never been a fan of the AL Central. However, good news! The AL Central is no longer the weakest division in baseball! The NL West and the NL Central is really duking it out for that title. As far as I'm concerned, the NL Central is winning.... or is that losing?