SiouxSports.com Forum

Ice Hockey Venues

GeauxSioux

A discussion of Ice Hockey venues on Skysraper forum.....

There's nothing special about the Kohl Center in Madison other than its size. It's a multi-use arena (shared with basketball) that lacks any real hockey "feel." Both Mariucci Arena at the University of MN and Ralph Engelstad Arena at the University of North Dakota are far superior college hockey venues.

I don't know about that. The Kohl center setup maybe. But look at what those UW fans do for atmosphere.

That's all I'm going to say.

They're like little kids in High School at that rink with all those cheers IMO. Wisco should emulate the fans at the "United Center" if they think they're really hot S%*t!, just saying... :-) Far superior atmosphere, hands down!

They're like little kids in High School at that rink with all those cheers IMO. Wisco should emulate the fans at the "United Center" if they think they're really hot S%*t!, just saying... :-) Far superior atmosphere, hands down!

I'm not going to debate atmosphere as we've been down that road many many times and it always leads us back to the same spot.

It's all a time waster.

All I'm saying is that they aren't exactly a morgue like atmosphere for hockey.

I'm not going to debate atmosphere as we've been down that road many many times and it always leads us back to the same spot.

It's all a time waster.

Madison and Alfond at U of Maine are the two best road atmospheres I've been to.

I agree with the Wisco comment. It's like a staged event with the students.

Went to the Hawks v Preds game when the Hawks won 2-0.

The cheering was non stop from the anthem throughout the game & unbelievably loud.

I'm an old guy with loss of half my hearing & I my ears hurt. I can't imagine what it was like for

the little kids that were there.

Last night when the Hawks got smoked by the Canuckleheads it got pretty quiet.

Winning games always help the atmosphere.

Go Fighting Sioux!!

It's all a time waster.

No argument or road to travel down on, truth hurts sometimes. Sorry bro! Just stating the facts! :-)

Agree on U of Maine. Incredible atmosphere.

Haven't been to Madison for a game yet, but hoping to go this year.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the games at the U of Maine. I've already got my plane

ticket for next October flying into Portland, ME on that Wednesday night.

Kohl Center is loud for sure, and the fans are really into it. They'll cheer just as loud when the team losing by 3 goals as they are when they are up 3 goals.

That being said, the upper deck there blows, and in many spots you can't see the full ice. The end are especially bad and you can't see the near net from many of the upper rows on the ends without standing...