SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting

Siouxhockey03

Some of those picks seem kind of interesting.

For instance, I know Gopher fans think very highly of Justin Bostrom as a recruit yet he's also only listed as honorable mention as well.

It would be interesting to know how they go about making their picks. I guess we

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick

Great post. I was wondering if you had any opinion as to how long these various recruits will be at UND. Specifically in Spirko's case; he seems like he may be a 4 year player.

siouxnami....I have no idea. Typically, the coaches don't even know how long someone might stay. In the case of Spirko, maybe Jeff Panzer would be a good comparison. Because of his size, he ended up staying four years. I doubt that Spirko will be another Panzer, but I'm told that he has tremendous hockey skills.

BTW....none of those observations were mine. They actually came from several people who know something about hockey. :lol: No, not PCM. :angry:

BTW....none of those observations were mine. They actually came from several people who know something about hockey. :lol: No, not PCM. :angry:

Those scouts were quoting me. They're always stealing my material. :lol::):lol:

I took a look at the USHL stats for the 3 Sioux recruits playing in the USHL. Looks like Beaverson is a -8, tied for worst on the team. He also leads the team in penalty minutes which is not so good if you are a -8. He looks like he will be a project, I wonder if he will play another year at Green Bay as he will not see ice time here next year with everyone back plus Radke, which leaves Bina as the extra d-man.

I took a look at the USHL stats for the 3 Sioux recruits playing in the USHL. Looks like Beaverson is a -8, tied for worst on the team. He also leads the team in penalty minutes which is not so good if you are a -8. He looks like he will be a project, I wonder if he will play another year at Green Bay as he will not see ice time here next year with everyone back plus Radke, which leaves Bina as the extra d-man.

I believe Blais has hinted at this. Beaverson was recruited for his size. He was not heard of before he had a big growth spurt. He will be very much like Smaby, who has improved steadily this year. Unless 1 or 2 D man go pro I'd be surprised to see Beaverson here next season.

• 1 month later...

I believe Blais has hinted at this. Beaverson was recruited for his size. He was not heard of before he had a big growth spurt. He will be very much like Smaby, who has improved steadily this year. Unless 1 or 2 D man go pro I'd be surprised to see Beaverson here next season.

Beaverson was dropped.

• 1 month later...
Hopfully Gifford, Jones, Ammerman, Hardwick......

Hopefully these guys are on UND's radar.

Tysen Dowzak

Kyle Okposo

Mike Carmen

Erik Johnson

Trent Palm

Who do Carmen, Johnson, and Palm play for? A little info would be great. Also, what about Jonathan Toews? He scored 134 points as a soph at Shattuck (second on team to Duncan), plus he is six feet and may have another growth spurt. He should be awesome.

Carmen: holy angels(forward)

johnson: holy angels(defense)

palm: shattuck U-16 team (defense)

all were invited to the NDTP camp....Johnson and Palm have officially commited to the NDTP and it sounds like Carmen will also.

Also, Jordy Christian who also made the select festival is Dave's son and is supposed to be an stud....

I don't know how many times this has been mentioned, but Toews was the #1 pick in the WHL (?) draft. By all accounts (including talking to a friend/relative of the Toews family) he is going Major Junior.

EDIT: I am remiss to say that my information comes from the October tourney at the Ralph. It is now June (almost July) and Jonathan could have changed his mind by now.

Edited by redwing77

Carmen: holy angels(forward)

johnson: holy angels(defense)

palm: shattuck U-16 team (defense)

all were invited to the NDTP camp....Johnson and Palm have officially commited to the NDTP and it sounds like Carmen will also.

Also, Jordy Christian who also made the select festival is Dave's son and is supposed to be an stud....

According to POI Jordy Christian is Ed's (a former Sioux?) son. Jordy scored a goal and notched a helper for the MN Select 16 in it's first game.

The teams most productive line through the first two games of the tournament has been Ryan Flynn(3g,1a), Kyle Okposo(1g,2a), and U of M recruit Peter Mueller(3a).

It has been reported earlier that Erik Johnson has maroon & gold glasses, we shall see...

Isnt jordy a goalie on the jv at moorhead?

That would be the other Christian, Dave's kid. Jordy was on the Bantam A team that won state last year. He is also one of the best incoming 10th graders in the state. I believe the goalie is Beau. Jordy is Dave Christian's nephew. He was one of the back up goalies on Moorhead. I believe he is also one of the goalies on the select 16 team, he could compete for the varsity job next season.

That would be the other Christian, Dave's kid. Jordy was on the Bantam A team that won state last year. He is also one of the best incoming 10th graders in the state. I believe the goalie is Beau. Jordy is Dave Christian's nephew. He was one of the back up goalies on Moorhead. I believe he is also one of the goalies on the select 16 team, he could compete for the varsity job next season.

Jordy is not a goalie, he is a forward. He will be a sophomore this year and has a good chance to make varsity. Beau is a goalie, will be a junior, and may make varsity, but there are 2 returning goalies that will be seniors.