SiouxSports.com Forum

17th hole at TPC Sawgrass

Oxbow6

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I was to play the TPC at Sawgrass earlier this week. Well, I played it on Wednesday. What an experience!

I was issued many souvenirs after my round. Thought it would be fun to have a contest to see who could guess what I did on the 17th island green par 3.

Winner will get an offical yardage book from the stadium course, logo golf ball and a history/storytelling book about the Player Championship as well.

You just need to guess:

1) how many balls it took me to hit the green.

2) how close I was to the pin when I hit the green.

3) what my score was after putting out.

The hole played 118 yards to the flag with a 5-10 mph wind in my face. I played in a charitable 2-man tournament. My partner went 1st and hit just onto the back left of the green right in front of the walking path to the island green. I hit after him.

Need to have your "answers" posted by 11:59 PM this Sunday. I'll post the winner Monday morning.

You just need to guess:

1) It took you one ball to hit the green. Not necessarily the first ball you hit.

2) You were 118 yards away from the pin when you hit the green.

3) Your score was 73 after the 17th hole.

Pony up :huh:

1) It took you one ball to hit the green. Not necessarily the first ball you hit.

2) You were 118 yards away from the pin when you hit the green.

3) Your score was 73 after the 17th hole.

Pony up :huh:

Good one! :D

You just need to guess:

Geeeeeez, you guys are worse than my kids! :huh:

1) how many "shots" I took me to hit green.

2) how close was my ball to the cup when the ball eventually landed on the green.

3) final score for the 17th hole afer I putted out.

2) how close was my ball to the cup when the ball eventually landed on the green.

ok, i'll play by the rules..... how about 1 shot. about 12 feet from the cup, and you drained the putt for a 2.

1) how many "shots" I took me to hit green. considering I think it was you that had two hole-in-one's in one round a couple years back, and also considering the "awe" factor, I'll say 3

2) how close was my ball to the cup when the ball eventually landed on the green. 13 feet

3) final score for the 17th hole afer I putted out. 1 in the water, 2 out, 3 in the water, 4 out, 5 on green, two putts for a 7

90 minutes in and already changing the rules? Next you'll change the prizes.

1) 1 shot

2) 4 feet

3) One-putt for a 2.

<Reasoning...if you drowned 2 balls and 3-putted you wouldn't have brought it up>

<Go ahead and change the prizes if they involve beer>

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I was to play the TPC at Sawgrass earlier this week. Well, I played it on Wednesday. What an experience!

I was issued many souvenirs after my round. Thought it would be fun to have a contest to see who could guess what I did on the 17th island green par 3.

Winner will get an offical yardage book from the stadium course, logo golf ball and a history/storytelling book about the Player Championship as well.

You just need to guess:

The hole played 118 yards to the flag with a 5-10 mph wind in my face. I played in a charitable 2-man tournament. My partner went 1st and hit just onto the back left of the green right in front of the walking path to the island green. I hit after him.

Need to have your "answers" posted by 11:59 PM this Sunday. I'll post the winner Monday morning.

5 shots

10 feet

how about 1 shot. about 12 feet from the cup, and you drained the putt for a 2.

Sent you a PM for your mailing info...your guess was closest.

Was my only birdie of day. Best high iron shot of the day. Hit it to 9'3".

16, 17, 18 are the 3 most fun finishing hole I've ever played. Was really starting to carve it up on the back 9, but played 16 very well just missing birdie putt. Good swing on 17 then had my 2 best consecutive shots of the day on 18...driver, 3 iron to make par.

Was just a real treat to play the stadium course.

Now I get to sit and wait for flood waters to receed to play anywhere in the F-M area.