SiouxSports.com Forum

Parise's Health

Blackheart

The hit on Stafford concerned me too. He got up slowly after that. Same thing with the hooking penalty in the BC zone. Can't remember who got slid into the boards hard though.

Smaby is improving in the hits department. And I am becoming more and more a fan of Greene.

OVERALL: I think one major factor in Saturday's loss was that the team was tired. Fylling was a little slower than normal, everyone seemed to be fatigued. After Friday, I can understand though.

Anyone else watch Zach limp off the ice after the handshakes? He looked like he needed help just to get back to the bench. Hope he didn't do any more damage....

Yes. In fact, I saw him favoring one leg all weekend, and putting no weight on the one side. I felt his effort was very gutsy, particularly the 3rd period of Friday night's game, but he clearly is still hurting. I was with Tom Dunlap from Minnetonka, who has a son that is playing for Boston U, and he talked with J.P. Parise in between periods on Friday. Tom mentioned to J.P. that it looked like Zach's knee was really hurting, and J.P. did not make any comment but just shrugged his shoulders.

I hope he is okay and, if necessary, rests for the Yale series so that he can be ready for Minnesota.

Given that we were playing the "Number 1" team in BC, and the Eaves' brothers were playing, I think Zach would have played even if his leg had fallen off. I think the week off will help, and would not be surprised to see him playing limited shifts if at all for the Yale series, to make sure he's prime for Minnie. I admire the fact he was able to "gut it out" and still contribute this weekend.

Can't imagine he'd go the Devils' camp some day telling Scott Stevens, or even David Hale, that he got benched for a strain. Stevens would probably shoot back some story about how he played a game in juniors after getting his head knocked off, but that it grew back ... :D:(

Given that we were playing the "Number 1" team in BC, and the Eaves' brothers were playing, I think Zach would have played even if his leg had fallen off. I think the week off will help, and would not be surprised to see him playing limited shifts if at all for the Yale series, to make sure he's prime for Minnie. I admire the fact he was able to "gut it out" and still contribute this weekend.

Can't imagine he'd go the Devils' camp some day telling Scott Stevens, or even David Hale, that he got benched for a strain. Stevens would probably shoot back some story about how he played a game in juniors after getting his head knocked off, but that it grew back ... :D:(

lol

Well to be honest, I am more concerned about his health for the rest of the season than the fact they lost a game to those slackers from Hockey Least....

Good point, maybe we'll hear something about his condition on Wed's radio show...Wouldn't mind him missing the Yale series as that would give him 3 full weeks of rest & rehab before the Gopher series...Would like to be a fly on the wall when he goes to his next dr's appt...

Good point, maybe we'll hear something about his condition on Wed's radio show...Wouldn't mind him missing the Yale series as that would give him 3 full weeks of rest & rehab before the Gopher series...Would like to be a fly on the wall when he goes to his next dr's appt...

Also UND doesn't need Zach to be Yale. Maybe he will sit and let some that haven't played, play in the series.

"someone connected with the hockey team, non-coach" was on the radio this morning -- it "could" be the case that "someone" hasn't been skating "much" this week during captain's practice -- 2 others, who might not have been at full strength this past weekend (players, say similar to MJ and TP) are skating and are close to 100%.

Hopefully this is compliant with the Hippa regulations ......