SiouxSports.com Forum

IUPUI lodges hostile and abusive complaint at NDSU

star2city

Wonder if Lakes & Co were behind the bench? :silly:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/270355/group/home/

What do you think, Star: Here's some quotes from his various aliases:

Bisonville:

Hunter is a whiny baby, his players wanted to fight!! slick + boys were fine!!!

Bisonville:

NEWS UPDATE: RON HUNTERS tells SLICK VIC, 'ill whoop your ass boy'

slick 'id like to see you try'

where,then glenn,young + some reserve went after slick with fists clenched.

Fargo pd steps in, and then asks the most proposterus statement in fargo police history 'were you drinking or was he (ron hunter) drinking?'

you cannot make this up!!

ps-slick couldve got glenn kicked out of tourney, and ndsu could've sandbagged saturday and got #7 seed and beat #2 iupui without glenn, dangit slick!!!!

Bison media blog:

p.s- ron hunter you are a wimp, you calling out a ndsu student and saying "ill whoop your ass" is 100% uncalled for.

Posted by: lakesbison on 2/26/2010 2:08 PM

I was at this game with my son, we sat on the opposite side of the benches, and I didn't see anything, unless it happened at the last minute of the game when we were leaving. The Bison student section is behind the NDSU bench and that place was dead there were more Gen. Admission people (me included) than reserved people. IUPUI hurt NDSU worse...in the final score.

Wonder if Lakes & Co were behind the bench? :silly:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/270355/group/home/

Rude Bison fans? Now that is a new one!!! Should have been at some of the old Sioux/Bison football games or one of the homecoming parades back when they played each other. That was rude. Sioux fans on Gophers back in the old winter sports arena before Englestad I, now that was rude. Flimsy chicken wire between the students and Mariucci's prima donnas.

The IUPUI coach said some of the insults had racial overtones. I've heard that the NCAA is looking into the matter and they suspect that it can be traced back to the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo. I've also heard that Leigh Jenoette and SCOMM faculty believe Ralph Engelstad was responsible. SCSU is also going to get involved and protestors will disrupt UND fans at the next Sioux/Huskies game. :silly:

Didn't a similar situation happen a year or 2 ago at a home football game for the Bison? At least they don't limit their actions to 1 sport.

NDSU has a history of racism/horrid fan behavior in recent times:

Reported by the Forum back in 2003:

The game was marred by apparent racial taunts by Bison fans directed at the Sioux coaching staff. UND coach Gene Roebuck complained about the apparent taunts to NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor after the game.

Roebuck refused comment after the game, as did Sioux assistants Travis Brewster and Shannon Baugh.

Bison fans mostly students are located close to the Sioux bench, closer than most venues in the NCC

The Forum in 2009:

North Dakota State is addressing two separate issues regarding athletics and student behavior in the stands

NDSU has a history of racism/horrid fan behavior in recent times:

Reported by the Forum back in 2003:

The Forum in 2009:

Then honoring Obama:

PS. Don't shoot the messenger. not to say UND doesn't have its issues.

I guess they do have quite the laundry list.

• 2 weeks later...
The IUPUI coach said some of the insults had racial overtones. I've heard that the NCAA is looking into the matter and they suspect that it can be traced back to the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo. I've also heard that Leigh Jenoette and SCOMM faculty believe Ralph Engelstad was responsible. SCSU is also going to get involved and protestors will disrupt UND fans at the next Sioux/Huskies game. :)

The protesters will both be there if they can get off work from the 7-11. ;)