SiouxSports.com Forum

Disallowed Goals this year

Stack

Last night we had a goal waved off so let's start there.

Goals disallowed:

1/29 vs. Denver (goal waved off due to a penalty called on Knight for interference)

11/14 vs St Cloud State (goal waved off after Referee says "He meant to blow the whistle") :sad:

11/21 vs Denver (goal waved off after review. Ref says Malone kicked it in)

I'd like to know how many goals we've had waved off so far this year.

I can't remember the rest.

I need your brain to remember others this year.

Anyone?

Goals disallowed:

1/29 vs. Denver (goal waved off due to a penalty called on Knight for interference)

11/14 vs St Cloud State (goal waved off after Referee says "He meant to blow the whistle") :sad:

Anyone?

Don't forget the two in Cornell last weekend.

Goals disallowed:

Anyone?

In my opinion the disallowed goal last night and the 11/14 St. Cloud game, where the infamous "I meant to blow the whistle" are by far the worst of the disallowed goals this year. It is just frustrating as all hell.

we had one each night in denver.

That's right the first night I believe we had one as well. I am still convinced that someone broke a mirror in the locker room this fall

and we are doomed this season. I figure UND will start getting some calls to go their way, law of averages will turn eventually.

That's right the first night I believe we had one as well. I am still convinced that someone broke a mirror in the locker room this fall

and we are doomed this season. I figure UND will start getting some calls to go their way, law of averages will turn eventually.

I hope you are right Goon. I mean one would think it has to eventually even itself out. I guess we can just watch and hope.

I just think the so called "flood gates" have got to open one of these weekends.

I hope you are right Goon. I mean one would think it has to eventually even itself out. I guess we can just watch and hope.

I just think the so called "flood gates" have got to open one of these weekends.

I think the guys are actually playing well and as long as they stay in the top 12-14 of the PWR I think anything can happen this season.

I still think they can win tonight and get on some kind of a 6-3 or 7-2 run. They have one more against DU, (2x) UMD, (2x) SCSU and (2X) C.C. (2x) MTU.

I think the guys are actually playing well and as long as they stay in the top 12-14 of the PWR I think anything can happen this season.

I still think they can win tonight and get on some kind of a 6-3 or 7-2 run. They have one more against DU, (2x) UMD, (2x) SCSU and (2X) C.C. (2x) MTU.

Perhaps you might be on to something. The last couple years we have been clicking right after the christmas break and seem to fizzle around Final 5 time. Maybe this year we will start clicking just before final five and pull a Duluth of last year. I guess anything is possible.

In my opinion the disallowed goal last night and the 11/14 St. Cloud game, where the infamous "I meant to blow the whistle" are by far the worst of the disallowed goals this year. It is just frustrating as all hell.

Last night's disallowed goal was completely ridiculous. I could MAYBE see them calling Knight in the crease...and that's a big MAYBE...but all that should have done was move the faceoff outside the zone. Where in the hell did they get goalie interference from? Knight didn't even touch Cheverie!

That call was horrible. Knight barely enters the crease, moves out of it, then back in, then out when Rowney shoots. Never once did he so much as breathe on Chevrie.

A 2-1 game early in third vs 2-0 and on the pk was an enormous momentum shifter.

All that aside, this team has to figure out how to score. The o for 21 streak on the pp has to end. Hak has to evaluate the system or the players and make some changes. Furthermore our inability to score 5x5 has to be addressed. We are suffering from a complete lack of chemistry and no offense. We are playing like a bunch of individuals on the outdoor rather than a cohesive unit.

Defensively, I don't know what Dell's deal is at the start of games. The first one is on Lapoint for not clearing the front, but he should've had the second. I'd go off on Lapoint, but what's the point (no pun intended).

This team is very frustrating to support.

I agree with you. We should be more concerned if this team wasn't generating chances and wasn't playing very hard. We're very frustrated as fans because chances are being generated but we're not scoring. That means we're just about there. One of these games someone is going to pay, and hopefully it starts tonite.

Last night's disallowed goal was completely ridiculous. I could MAYBE see them calling Knight in the crease...and that's a big MAYBE...but all that should have done was move the faceoff outside the zone. Where in the hell did they get goalie interference from? Knight didn't even touch Cheverie!

That call was horrible. Knight barely enters the crease, moves out of it, then back in, then out when Rowney shoots. Never once did he so much as breathe on Chevrie.

They said goalie interference on TV last night but the box just says interference and the replay shows Knight pushing a defender out of his way right before the shot. The refs arm goes up right at that time. I don't think this call had anything to do with the goalie.

I agree with you. We should be more concerned if this team wasn't generating chances and wasn't playing very hard. We're very frustrated as fans because chances are being generated but we're not scoring. That means we're just about there. One of these games someone is going to pay, and hopefully it starts tonite.

They said goalie interference on TV last night but the box just says interference and the replay shows Knight pushing a defender out of his way right before the shot. The refs arm goes up right at that time. I don't think this call had anything to do with the goalie.

Sheptard was also making cross checking motions.

However it was obvious at the time and on replay the defender was diving for the puck and Corban's little push didn't cause him to go over.

I'm sure tonight that every little shove that Dumbver makes will result in a power play for us.