SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO Poll

Fighting Sioux Hockey

UMD 14th...GO DOGS!! I was in Connecticut over the weekend so I didn't see or hear any hockey action. Sounded like the Dogs vs. BC game was pretty hot!! If only we could have beaten Michigan State, we'd probably have moved up even more...maybe as high as 12th. Oh well...we played some tough games, all against top 11 (at the time) opponents. Think the Gophs should be lower as well. They lost to #13 Maine, and beat UNO (after finally waking up in the 2nd), a team who has not even received votes! While the Sioux have only played one game, beating #15 UMD 3-2 at REA, I think the Gophers should be ranked lower than UND as UND has defeated a top 15 team.

No offence to anyone, but who cares where UND's ranked? I can understand UMD fans caring and being excited, because they've been lost in the woods for a long, long time, but I would rather not have the target of a high ranking too soon.

No offence to anyone, but who cares where UND's ranked? I can understand UMD fans caring and being excited, because they've been lost in the woods for a long, long time, but I would rather not have the target of a high ranking too soon.

Cheers to that. I also don't care how much we outshoot our opponents this year. The score is the only thing that matters.

I'd rather we stick around 4th - 7th to keep out of the line of fire. a #1 ranking never gets you anywhere. BC has to come into the REA this weekend with a #1 all over them, in one of the toughest places to win, against one of the best teams in the nation. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they struggle this weekend. I don't think they've been gelling as well as UND has.