SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Olympics - Hockey

AZSIOUX

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Russia-Latvia and Ovechkin just had an absolute snipe on gorgeous pass from Semin to put the Russians up 3-0 after 1. They are very fun to watch.

i heard on the tv that they have 6 forwards in nhl now and 6 non nhlers and the lines are 3 and 3 of the nhl guys and 3 and 3 of the non nhlers. the non nhlers are mostly former nhl guys but kind of interesting

swiss played hard. not a great start for team usa but after skating together maybe for 1 day a win is a win. go usa

Remember the Swiss beat Canada and the Czech's in the 2006 Olympics. Switzerland has fielded a competitive WJ team for the past several years. They only have a few NHL players, but they are still a talented team. Several of their players probably could play in the NHL, but choose the top European leagues for whatever reason.

Remember the Swiss beat Canada and the Czech's in the 2006 Olympics. Switzerland has fielded a competitive WJ team for the past several years. They only have a few NHL players, but they are still a talented team. Several of their players probably could play in the NHL, but choose the top European leagues for whatever reason.

very true. they played very physical and didnt take any chances on offense until they were down more than 1

Does anybody know why Parise wasn't wearing an "A" on his jersey yesterday?

USA hockey named four players as alternate captains and the IIHF only allows two alternates designated during games. I imagine they will take turns wearing the 'A'.

201 - CAPTAIN OF TEAM

a) Each team shall appoint a

Does anybody know if this afternoons games are online any where... Stupid USA TV here in Colorado is having a Monk maration..

Esox

streams from hfboards if you happen to have any of those programs installed.

And aren't all the games streamed on nbc.com? Today's game is listed http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/live-full-replays.html. I think someone said you just have to register and the quality is really good.

Also, I posted a SI article on Parise in the Former Players thread for those who don't check it. It's quite colorful, not the same bland stuff they usually write about him.