Last Action: 52-73 loss to IPFW

North Dakota Website

North Dakota Audio---FREE

North Dakota Video

North Dakota Live Stats

vs.

UNI_PANTHER_LOGO.jpg

Overall Record: 7-1

Conference Record: 0-0 (Missouri Valley)

RPI: 29

Last Action: 82-65 victory over Sienna

Northern Iowa Website

Northern Iowa Audio---FREE

Northern Iowa Game Notes

KEY PLAYER: Kwadzo Ahelegbe, 6'2" Jr. Guard---15.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.6 apg

-Saturday's game will be televised on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network and on Fox College Sports

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would people not want to go to this game?

1-10?

Although I've tried to be the eternal optimist with this program, sadly I won't make it to the game despite the fact that I've had this circled on the schedule since it came out. I guess a 1-10 record will do that. Santa Claus coming to my town to visit the kids this Saturday sealed the deal............. :huh:

I'm optimistic that we will have a good consistent effort on Saturday, and I do believe we will shoot at least a little better and we won't go 6 plus minutes without a basket. (I pray) I think Northern Iowa by 16. but I won't be totally disappointed by that. I think the Panthers will make the tournament weather they get the auto-bid or not, just looking at their RPI, I would guess they are on pace to get an invite. Providing they don't have a huge second half slide and their 2nd half schedule doesn't bring them down. I look for their RPI actually to suffer a little bit even if they do beat us. I just want our freshman to take a step forward in this game, and our veterans to make smart veteran type plays.

Don't see anyway this game stays close. NIU guards way to hard for us to start making shots now. Maybe next game but not against NIU.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. NIU is not UNI. NIU is Northern Illinois University of the Mid-American Conference(Bowling Green State, Ball State, Ohio, etc). UNI is the University of Northern Iowa of the Missouri Valley Conference(Indiana State, Southern Illinois, Drake, Wichita State, etc). With both acronyms describing midwestern DI schools, it can make things confusing if someone mixes them up.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. NIU is not UNI. NIU is Northern Illinois University of the Mid-American Conference(Bowling Green State, Ball State, Ohio, etc). UNI is the University of Northern Iowa of the Missouri Valley Conference(Indiana State, Southern Illinois, Drake, Wichita State, etc). With both acronyms describing midwestern DI schools, it can make things confusing if someone mixes them up.

you are absolutely 100% correct. My bad.

Jake can't ask his numbers 8 through 12 guys on the bench to stop playing.

2 Years ago in Ames...

ISU could have been up by 30-35 at the half, Mac called off the dogs. 2nd half he some some offense that took 20-30 seconds to develop. Good Coaches are use to being Bad Coaches...