SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Team USA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the way I look at it. The Fighting Sioux just played the best American players aged 17-20 in Hockey and did well against them for three periods of hockey. Not to mention we had three of our better players out of the line up as well. Lots to be possitive about.

Here is the way I look at it. The Fighting Sioux just played the best American players aged 17-20 in Hockey and did well against them for three periods of hockey. Not to mention we had two of our better players out of the line up as well. Lots to be possitive about.

Three of our better players. :silly:

This is a positive for later, but twice during the game a USA player made a dynamic move, swooping in and grabbing a puck that looked like it was closer to 50/50, and I thought: "who is that!?" and it was Kristo both times.

Of the newer guys, I think Fienhage continues to look better all the time. In fact, each of the six regular defensemen made good plays last night that I noticed. Trupp was obviously good; there's a little more space in an exhibition, and he looks good in space. Cichy is getting closer. On the downside the PP rarely got set up; they're dying for a QB.

I wasn't able to watch the game last night-any positives going into the holiday tournament?

I don't think UND looked too bad against the nations best U20 team considering that three of their best players were out.

PP still looked disorganized at times aside from a U20 defensive breakdown on the Trupp PP goal (both Trupp and Malone were essentially 2 on 0 in front of the goalie).

It was great to see Trupper have a great game, his backhand goal with 50sec left with a snipe to the glove side.

Fienhage had a good game, laying some big hits. Aside from his misplay on the 3rd USA goal, I think he played well. It'll be a tough decision for Hakstol once Genoway comes back.

I think both Eidsness and Dell played well and made some good saves. The goal that BE let in was just a great tip right in front that he had no chance on.

I thought U20 looked good - very balanced - not a lot of superstars but a bunch that look the same - they should do well

our guys need to learn how to finish - have confidence when the opportunities present themselves

are we going to get to see many of the games ? ? ?