SIOUX vs SCSU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say despite giving up 2 goals I like the way Dell plays. He just seems to play way more confident and less "nervous nelly" that is Brad Eidsness.

Yea, and Joe Nathan is the most fidgety pitcher to take the mound but he's still one of the best closers.

Whoever stops the puck more should play, regardless of the appearance they give.

Yea, and Joe Nathan is the most fidgety pitcher to take the mound but he's still one of the best closers.

Whoever stops the puck more should play, regardless of the appearance they give.

You people better watch what you wish for I have had personal experience with Dell and Eidsness in the AJHL. I woud take eidsy any day over Dell, I bet you see Dell let in at least 2 more goals tonight before being yanked.

To start, I believe it was a goal, but

The rule states that the play is dead when the referee rules it dead, no on the whistle. This takes into account the delay to bring whistle to the mouth. So it doesn't mean a thing that the puck was in the net prior to the whistle.

Why the puck was ruled frozen though is beyond me, the ref clearly had a look at the puck, so he did not lose sight. The goalie also clearly has not frozen the puck. It should be a goal, and I'm trying to figure out why the ref deemed the play dead.

The rule states that the play is dead when the referee rules it dead, no on the whistle. This takes into account the delay to bring whistle to the mouth. So it doesn't mean a thing that the puck was in the net prior to the whistle.

Why the puck was ruled frozen though is beyond me, the ref clearly had a look at the puck, so he did not lose sight. The goalie also clearly has not frozen the puck. It should be a goal, and I'm trying to figure out why the ref deemed the play dead.

I thought I saw the whistle go to the refs mouth before the puck was on the goalie's pad. he could have blown the whistle on-demand, but he didn't until it was in the back of the net.

Good analysis, and true as far as I saw it.

It probably was a no goal, as the puck was under Lee's pad, and the Sioux pushed the puck in along with his pad. I'm just irritated that they let the play last night go so long, which ended up in the back of the net for SCSU.

3-0, SCSU. Sioux need a wake up call...NOW!!!

I do too. Didn't have much of a chance on that 1st goal. Could've maybe come more out of the net though. The second goal he didn't corral the rebound but it's been since JPL that we had a goalie who could control rebounds very good. :D

Actually, I think Eidsness has really improved at controlling rebounds, or at least redirecting them to the outside.