SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs Gophers

AZSIOUX

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a huge way to start the season. Mr. Kristo and Mr. Gleason (and all other Freshmen players) will find that hits like the ones they delivered on the Merrimack players Saturday night will garner three times the cheers when laid on a goofy player next weekend. Goofer weekend is high energy, and the pride of all those banners is on the line.

Two massive WCHA points up for grabs both nights, not to mention PWR points come March.

LET'S GO SIOUX!!!

I hope Danny Kristo isn't gripping his stick too tightly. He is a kid who's used to scoring a ton of goals and he had a couple good looks this last weekend that just missed. I thought he might be trying to do a little too much himself at the end of last night's game.

I'd like for his coming out party to be against the hated rodents. I'd love to see him get the first one, get the boys all jacked when they fish the puck out of the net for him. Knight and Cichy got their first this last weekend, Kristo and Rowney get 'em this weekend.

The past is irrelevant in this matchup.

Gopher sweep.

Really what makes you think you're team is going to do better. For instance Same Sieve, missing Stoa. This UND team is more talented than the one that Chewed up the Goofs last season. Also, while you might brag about Helgeson (sp) we have a McMonster in MacWilliam.

Really what makes you think you're team is going to do better. For instance Same Sieve, missing Stoa. This UND team is more talented than the one that Chewed up the Goofs last season. Also, while you might brag about Helgeson (sp) we have a McMonster in MacWilliam.

Same sieve? You know absolutely nothing, do you? All those games last year were totally on the defense. Since you're so into the past, why don't you tell me how Kangas did against you the year before that. Thanks.

Missing Stoa? How about all the guys you're missing?

Same sieve? You know absolutely nothing, do you? All those games last year were totally on the defense. Since you're so into the past, why don't you tell me how Kangas did against you the year before that. Thanks.

Missing Stoa? How about all the guys you're missing?

Yeah, appears you watched different games. You can not blame all of the goals on the defense. Also, Stoa had 46 points last season who from the Gophers is going to pick up those lost points? Lastly, I dunno nor do I care but your team still went 1-2-1 against the Sioux. That is 1-4-1 in two season for your squad.

Same sieve? You know absolutely nothing, do you? All those games last year were totally on the defense.

Let's keep the inflammatory remarks to a minimum...

That said, I wouldn't blame all of last year's goals solely on the defense. I watched quite a few Gopher games on TV, and Kangas was a headcase after the UND series...playing no where near how he did as a frosh. Lucia has even said that he should have given Patterson a chance much earlier than what he did. So which Kangas shows up this year? That would be my worry if I were a Gopher fan.

I hope Danny Kristo isn't gripping his stick too tightly. He is a kid who's used to scoring a ton of goals and he had a couple good looks this last weekend that just missed.

I think he'll be fine. He hit two posts on the weekend, he just needs to shoot a couple cm over a bit. :)

One thing that I took from the Merrimack series is how impressive our freshmen class is playing. None of them looked out of place out there, and many of them excelled beyond what I was expecting. That's a great sign for this season if they can keep that up.