SiouxSports.com Forum

goaltending

schmidtdoggydog

All good points...I knew I had seen those statistic before. We can argue all we want about why the Sioux didn't win it all last year, but Iwould rather look forward to this year.

I think all positions will be solid this year and I think we have the depth to make a run for everything.

Go Sioux!

who does recruit the goalies?:angry:? UND dosent even have a goalie coach, how can they say who is better.......listening to the game tonight..ha one shot one goal on parisse.....do you think experience, and hardworking matters now???......

the sioux need to have good goaltending if they want to go far....

i am a pissed off sioux fan that believes blaiss, and who knows who else made a very bad call on goaltending this year.....

who does recruit the goalies?:angry:? UND dosent even have a goalie coach, how can they say who is better.......listening to the game tonight..ha one shot one goal on parisse.....do you think experience, and hardworking matters now???......

i am a pissed off sioux fan that believes blaiss, and who knows who else made a very bad call on goaltending this year.....

Relax dude...we're not even a period into the season.

Our goaltending will be fine this year.

I think the overreaction of the year goes to that dude who jumped the gun on the first goal. Admittedly, it was soft, but Parise faced a lot tougher shots and still made the save.

Remember: On the breakaway that Parise stuffed, Siembida probably would have given up the goal.

One game. That's it. Hell, say Parise sucks if you want. It wont A) Bring Ranfranz back and B) Make Ranfranz, even if he is brought back, any further up on the scale than 4th string. Just the fact that Parise is scholarship will keep him ahead of Ranfranz.

Time to drop the whole Ranfranz flag. He was a good goalie, but it wasn't to be.

Now that I'm back reading this site, let me just say something. I've watched plenty of goalies in my day, and I'm not the greatest judge of performance. But, I want to point out that none of us watch the other 5 on the ice all of the time. Yes, we know when someone scores, or when one of the guys puts a pass "on the tape". So, the other 3-4 guys on the ice contributed with their hits, but no one "talks" about this over coffee. So, my point is....let's not judge our goalie on his first performance or watch his every move (this year), but instead, let's allow him to adjust to D-1 hockey and come into his own (after all, they are all adjusting to D-1 hockey.....yup, even Brandt).

Yes, I watched the goalies flop to the corner's last year, and I agree with almost every opinion out there. However, I will not allow (in my own weak mind) anyone to jinx the tradition with goaltending speculation's and hopes. I hope that we can all remember that we're not dealing with 1980 D-1 hockey, and that the player(s) competing these days have been through several try-outs, hockey camps, sports acceleration clinic's, specialty teams.....shortcomings...... Let's give our goalies a chance to find their place on the ice for a few games this year (and drop our feelings about the season past) and STAND up and CHEER when that big save happens!

Just pondering a fun season