SiouxSports.com Forum

UND v Texas Tech

SiouxMD

Tech would probably be favored by about 24-28 over Iowa State right now.

Hope North Dakota beats the spread, but in case you are tempted to bet the house and take the points

Other Tech scores against 1-AA division teams

2006 SE Louisiana 62-0

2007 NW Louisiana 75-7

2008 Massachusetts 56-14

I'd say we could insert UND into any of those outcomes, but I like 52-10. The touchdown comes very late in the game. I don't like this matchup at all in this stage of the transition.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say we could insert UND into any of those outcomes, but I like 52-10. The touchdown comes very late in the game. I don't like this matchup at all in this stage of the transition.

The score of the game itself may not be, but the atmosphere will be great for players, coaches, and fans. Nobody is expecting a close game, nor should it be.

Tech beat Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas last year.

The score of the game itself may not be, but the atmosphere will be great for players, coaches, and fans. Nobody is expecting a close game, nor should it be.

Tech beat Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas last year.

To be sure, it'll be a memorable experience for the players, coaches, and fans that are able to attend. For the rest of us...it'll probably be a a day we'll quickly try to forget. :D

If the tables were turned, and I was travelling to North Dakota to see our Texas Tech hockey team face your Fighting Sioux, I would expect a very ugly score but still enjoy my visit to a unique place steeped in college hockey history. While our place in college football is not equal to your place in college hockey, Tech is a major D1 program and game day activities (and the game itself) will probably be much bigger than you have experienced. So enjoy it despite the score. The tailgating in Lubbock is awesome and the people are friendly (hopefully that includes Tech freshmen attending their first game).

Just be prepared for an ugly final score. Like a poster said above, Potts needs reps to prepare for Texas. Also, Leach does not take a knee...ever. He runs the same offense from beginning to end no matter the score. If the score is lopsided, he will replace starters with 2nd and 3rd team players but Leach won't deny those backups an opportunity to make plays or score TDs. So Leach will go for the endzone even in the final seconds of a lopsided game. He believes it is up to the defense to stop his offense. By the same token, we never complain about other teams "running up the score" on Tech. So please understand, if that happens, it is not out of disrespect for UND. It is just Leach being true to his philosophy about the game, whether or not you agree with it.

In summation, enjoy the experience and we won't be mad if ya'll soundly whip our ass. :D

oh boy! ;) well UND will probably know what UMC felt those few years we beat them like a rented mule in the late '90's. :D Thanks for coming on and being a class act RaiderMan! I'm sure our guys will have a great time down in Lubbock - it's an experience most of our older players could never have imagined when they first signed on at UND...and will never forget regardless of the outcome. Thanks!

It's been my pleasure. Ya'll have a great site and I appreciate the hospitality. ;)

Mussman and his team better have more faith and confidence in their ability to compete than those on this board. True, TT is more daunting that our matchup in Ames, but you have to expect to compete and win. Anything less, is not acceptable. There are a lot of years you could not run on und. Dont' seel your team short. Hopefully your LB's and OL will match up physically.

I am so fired up for this trip! Leaving Marquette, MI early Thurs - should be in Lubbock 4:00 in the afternoon. Meeting a buddy from Yakima and plan to tear up (literally) a couple of golf courses on Fri and Sun. Looking forward to the whole "big school" experience. Expect to get blown out, but when expectations are low, who knows? Just gonna have fun!

Mussman and his team better have more faith and confidence in their ability to compete than those on this board. True, TT is more daunting that our matchup in Ames, but you have to expect to compete and win. Anything less, is not acceptable. There are a lot of years you could not run on und. Dont' seel your team short. Hopefully your LB's and OL will match up physically.

I hear what your saying. If we were playing the worst team in the Big 12 like NDSU I would be optimistic also. The fact is we are playing a Top 25 team in the 2nd year of the transition, therefore our fans are realistic. If UND were to win this game it would be hands down the Biggest Upset in College Football History.

This TT team is better than any team NDSU has played and better than any other team we are going to play in the next 3 years also. What do you do....you show up and give em hell and see what happens!

I hear what your saying. If we were playing the worst team in the Big 12 like NDSU I would be optimistic also. The fact is we are playing a Top 25 team in the 2nd year of the transition, therefore our fans are realistic. If UND were to win this game it would be hands down the Biggest Upset in College Football History.

This TT team is better than any team NDSU has played and better than any other team we are going to play in the next 3 years also. What do you do....you show up and give em hell and see what happens!

Texas Tech isn't a Top 25 team; nor will they be by the end of the year.

and i don't think it would be a bigger upset than App State beating the rule breaking wolverines in THE BIG HOUSE 108,000 people while they were ranked #3 in the country.

i hope UND competes and makes it a game. No one likes to be embarassed...you guys seem so star struck and already saying how you don't care if you go in there and get raped. I guess maybe i don't have that attitude becuz i follow a FBS team. But i would never want to put my players/coaches/fans in a situation where they know they are going to get killed. I hope Coach Mussman isn't giving that impression to the Sioux

Texas Tech will be a top 20 team by the end of the year unless we lose a few more defensive ends to injury. Tech's offense will be better than last year because of an improved running game and NFL caliber QB. Taylor Potts will be the best QB in Tech history. He's a man amongst boys with a cannon arm. Our defense will be young so probably a little worse than last year. Tech will be a favorite to win the Big 12 championship in 2010 but we will be very good this year too.

If UND shows up and plays hard it will not be embarrassed, no matter the score. Embarrassing is what Tech did to Nebraska in Lubbock in 1994. Gave them the worst ass-kicking in 114 years of NU football by a score of 70-10. We saw it at the official NU game watching party in Dallas. That was so great.

Texas Tech isn't a Top 25 team; nor will they be by the end of the year.

and i don't think it would be a bigger upset than App State beating the rule breaking wolverines in THE BIG HOUSE 108,000 people while they were ranked #3 in the country.

i hope UND competes and makes it a game. No one likes to be embarassed...you guys seem so star struck and already saying how you don't care if you go in there and get raped. I guess maybe i don't have that attitude becuz i follow a FBS team. But i would never want to put my players/coaches/fans in a situation where they know they are going to get killed. I hope Coach Mussman isn't giving that impression to the Sioux

Must not have been a fan during the Don Morton era at Wisc.

Two things I tell my girls every morning before school...1) respect your elders and 2) when in doubt take the home underdog! :D

Both these games will be blow-outs...UND just taking a bigger beating!

I'm not sure both games will be blowouts. I don't think Iowa State won a game in their league last year. Nothing would surprise me in this game. NDSU might just get them. It all depends on how Mertens plays. On the other hand the Sioux could be in BIG trouble. Tech would wipe up on the Bison too. I just hope we don't have any major injuries.

"Dont' seel your team short."? :D;)???

harp-seal-baby.jpg

I'd thought I'd never "seel" the day when a (perhaps "challenged"?) ndsu grad would misspell a 4 letter word:-)????

Hey Herd - it's "SELL" ...S...E...L...(here's the tricky part)...another L! You can CLUB ME if I'm wrong but you have to admit I'm adorable ;)

If the tables were turned, and I was travelling to North Dakota to see our Texas Tech hockey team face your Fighting Sioux, I would expect a very ugly score but still enjoy my visit to a unique place steeped in college hockey history.

Not to be completely disrespectful, but I don't think you understand the relative discrepancy between hockey programs. I'd expect to be able cherry-pick UND intramurals and still rip up on the Texas Tech hockey program. Why?

The Texas Tech hockey program is a club program playing in the ACHA. Texas Tech hockey is not playing in the NCAA. Tech hockey is primarily guys who played in HS or maybe juniors who couldn't get into a Division I or Division III program (or catch on with a Canadian junior team). We have a lot of those here in the intramurals (guys who tried to walk on with the Sioux).

The North Dakota hockey program is a seven time NCAA Division I National Champion made up of guys looking to get to the professional ranks.

I'm not sure where Tech hockey guys go after college, but here's where UND hockey players end up, including a full alumni report.

But to agree with you, yes, I'll still enjoy the football game between (FCS) North Dakota and (FBS) Texas Tech.

Go back and look at my other posts about the Texas Tech hockey team and you will see that I am fully aware of the difference between our club team and UND's team. My posts about Tech playing UND were meant to be mildly humerous. I also didn't post the hockey fight between Tech and Texas as our program's strength by accident. Hell, I even stated "[Tech's] place in college football is not equal to [uND's] place in college hockey, ..." So untwist your knickers. Due respect has been given.

I should probably mention that I'm the only native Texan who has maintained a subscription to The Hockey News for 10 straight years. I try to follow the progress of Stars prospects so I have a general understanding of the various junior and college leagues. Also, Texas has more professional hockey teams than any other state or Canadian province. So I think that makes me a hockey expert by default. :D Go Houston Aeros!

Double T Nation Crunches the Numbers

The North Dakota Fighting Sioux come to Lubbock for their very first game as a Football Championship Series football team. That's right, last year North Dakota competed on a Division II level (I'm almost positive of this) and this will be their first game as a FCS team. The Texas Tech Red Raiders will be heavily favored in this game, but this is a big game for North Dakota.

I think he needs to work on some facts. :D