SiouxSports.com Forum

New Era, New Look

GeauxSioux

I know they just tweaked the old version, but I just can't believe they are actually going to replace the ND logo which we have used for close to a hundred years and have used several years longer then Notre Dame I might add, with this ugly monstrosity. I sure hope that the marketing grad that came up with this disaster went to NDSU and not UND.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem like North Dakota and Notre Dame should get together and work a few things out legally. If Notre Dame would be awarded use of the interlocking ND, then North Dakota should be given exclusive rigtht to using UND and associated logos with UND, and barring Nortre Dame from using UND. Some agreements should be reached to allow both school schools to market themselves. (If its true that North Dakota had the Interlocking ND before Notre Dame, then that should be some leverage to negotiate.

If North Dakota is going to be DI, then it's time to separate yourselves from Nortre Dame . . . a better job of separation than the new lightly modified interlocking ND. That's not going to create any separation and exclusivity. It's time to step out of the marketing shadows, for the sake of North Dakota, the university and the State.

I like it. Doesn't look a hell of alot different than the old one if you ask me. It's an N and a D for crying out loud.

yeah, it does look pretty modern though, which takes away from the old-timey look you'd expect from a university as old as und. i think it's fine, though. it'll probably be old-timey looking in ten years anyways and at least we're not blantantly copying notre dame anymore.

I was just about to point out the same thing in regards to the sudden hatred of the new interlocking "ND". I don't recall everyone complaining about it (with the possible exception of DaveK) in the "New Uniforms" thread. Face it, the old "ND" will always be looked at as the Notre Dame "ND". I like the fact that someone recognized that and decided to give it a fresh look. Perhaps I'm the wrong one to ask about the artistic appeal with the new logo. Remember my "attempt" at creating something new. :)

well, i'm glad to note that i'm not the only person who saw the obvious notre dame rip-off.

I personally don't like it. But that's just because I would like to see them move even farther away from Notre Dame's logo and establish a seperate identity for the University of North Dakota. At least they took a baby step in the right direction.

University of North Dakota beat ND to the domain name back in the 90's...

and word was that the ND admin was not to pleased with that.
:sad:

Same site;... I just googled "und" to check out the practice videos and guess what....

The University of Notre Dame was not the first or the second link but the third! The University of North Dakota held the #1 and #2 spot, that's f**

ked up!