SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPNU AND ESPN Classic to Switch ?

JESUS,family,rutgers

Its about time! I cant tell you how many old boxing matches I've watched out of sheer boredom...

i don't know about the rest of you, but i can't believe i didn't realize this transgression earlier. i hate espn classic. i can honestly say i've never watched the channel for more than ten minutes. this seems like it should have been such an obvious issue for me to rant about. i suppose i just didn't realize until recently what i was missing by not getting espnu. now that i know, it's time to rant:

the politics of failure have failed...it's time to make them work again! it's time to move forward, not backwards; upward, not forward, and always twirling...twirling towards freedom!

abortions for some, little american flags for others.

down with espn classic! up with espnu!!

i don't know about the rest of you, but i can't believe i didn't realize this transgression earlier. i hate espn classic. i can honestly say i've never watched the channel for more than ten minutes. this seems like it should have been such an obvious issue for me to rant about. i suppose i just didn't realize until recently what i was missing by not getting espnu. now that i know, it's time to rant:

the politics of failure have failed...it's time to make them work again! it's time to move forward, not backwards; upward, not forward, and always twirling...twirling towards freedom!

The only time I have watched that channel is if there was a college football or hockey game on it.

Which is about 5-6 times in the last year.

I like ESPNews more than SportsCenter, by a lot. But there's always something better on anyways...and News isn't in HD (at least not through MidCo if it is).

It makes sense to have ESPNU as well considering that we have BTN, FCS (3), and CBSCS. I wouldn't mind having both News and U, but if I had to pick one, it'd obviously be U.

I like ESPNews more than SportsCenter, by a lot. But there's always something better on anyways...and News isn't in HD (at least not through MidCo if it is).

It makes sense to have ESPNU as well considering that we have BTN, FCS (3), and CBSCS. I wouldn't mind having both News and U, but if I had to pick one, it'd obviously be U.

It is in HD and is even better as they can present even more information. IIRC like more info and stats on the games upcoming for the evening.

I've always found it odd that Midco doesn't have ESPNU as station that actually carries college hockey. But maybe they haven't bothered since ESPNU picks up the Sioux feed once in a while. Not sure if they did this year, though.

Also got a notice that NFL Network might be on its way out. Not that I watch it that much. I do like that we have BigTen network.

Yeah no doubt that would be good news lets just hope that Midco can get the switch taken care of before next years

NCAA hockey tourney. Maybe we need to call the Midco office and beg.

I called Midco and complained a little last weekend about the lack of espnu. Today I received a letter from them saying they were going to look into getting it. So it wouldn't hurt for everyone to call and request it.

I called Midco and complained a little last weekend about the lack of espnu. Today I received a letter from them saying they were going to look into getting it. So it wouldn't hurt for everyone to call and request it.

I hope you're right if Direct TV ever gets the fighting Sioux Sports network I will get direct tv.

I called yesterday because I was having a problem with my internet and happen to mention the article stating some cable providers will trade Classic for ESPNU and the woman actually put in a complaint for me. She also basically said they had been flooded with calls this past month about this as well. Keep it up folks and we will have ESPN2 before next year's NCAA hockey playoffs. I told her that there are very many people in the Midco veiwing area would be very happy if they made this happen.