SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone will for sure put a video up right? I had a really sketchy connection mainly because i am sitting by a pool in california and i was getting unreliable signals at the end.. i really need a video of the end i only saw snipits.. i dont get back to the tundra til next friday!

I'm glad the Sioux skated around with the MacNaughton Cup and didn't treat it like it was an STD like the Gophers did ;).

Ha. I remember that. They said something like it wasn't the trophy that they really wanted or something. Didn't they lose in the 1st NCAA game again that year? :lol:

You're thinking of St. Cloud. ;)

I think I remember the Gophers saying that each team that won the MacNaughton always ended up losing in the tourney and thought it was bad luck to celebrate with it. From what I remember at least.....

No, the bad luck is from dying your hair like high school or whatever supersition has lead to UND and HC ending the Gophs season 3 out of the 4 last years. :lol:

You're thinking of St. Cloud. ;)

I think I remember the Gophers saying that each team that won the MacNaughton always ended up losing in the tourney and thought it was bad luck to celebrate with it. From what I remember at least.....

Well I know that isn't fully true. The 1997 Fighting Sioux squad won the MacNaughton Cup(co-champs) as well as the National Championship. Unless you don't count triple crowning cause they did win the MacNaughton(co-champs), Broadmoor, and National Title that year. :lol: