SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on TV next week against UW?

undchris

Thanks for the reality check. I know now to stop looking for the games to be on BTN!

I did see LaCrosse WKBT MNT (digital 8.2) has the game on the schedule. Being in Rochester MN, I am fringe to pick up Wisconsin stations (LaCrosse and Eua Claire). I have been playing with the antenna to see if I might be able to pick it up that way. When I first got my HDTV, I had scanned in 8.2, but no luck picking it up tonight! Very likely has to be ideal conditions for me to pickup that signal. I may be spinning the antenna Friday night to see if I can pick it up that way if nothing else (even if I can find it on a fuzzy analog signal is better than nothing).

I will also be in Rochester this weekend. Last year they had it on at McMurphy's Pub. Let me know a_hockeynut what you find out if anything.

I will also be in Rochester this weekend. Last year they had it on at McMurphy's Pub. Let me know a_hockeynut what you find out if anything.

I tried last night with all my might to get WKBT 8.2 digital channel, with no luck. I did find out after the digital switch, they went from UHF to VHF, which likely explains why I could get it before and now cannot as I guess VHF does not have the distance UHF does. I was able to pick up WHLAD 31.1 digital channel (wisconsin PBS), which is showing the game tape delayed starting at 10:30pm, so that is one option. I would much rather see the game live though. Plus atmospheric conditions will determine if I can tune in 31.1, as this morning it would not come in (so I am definately on the fringe).

The badger webcast may be the way to go. If the game is up somewhere on satellite, I am certain McMurphy's or Buffalo Wild Wings would show the game. If we are really lucky, FSSN will pick up the feed and put it on the FSSN satellite (one can hope anyhow, right?)!!!!!

I talked to the midcontinent guy when he was installing our new digital cable box and this is waht he said

UAA costed 250 for every half hour plus some additional costs. So it costed them 4000 on the whole weekend.

Now I thought that seemed really low. I bet UW will charge less or have less additional costs since they are closer.

4000 isnt really that much to a big company like midcontinent IMO and mayeb they could spare another 4 grand with the money they charge us (140 a month)

Does anyone know why the games are not going to be on FOX Sports North Alternate??

The only reason I have Direct TV here in Denver is so I can have the sports pack that gives me the Gophers series and Badgers series and a couple on things like ESPN U and the former College Sports TV.

And I have to say that in a year when we don't have a series in MSP and FOX bails on Wisconsin and CSTV is debunked, I have to think about turning off Direct TV all together.

Maybe Wisconsin will show the womens volleyball on their internet feed in lieu of the hockey game like last year??

No wonder our economy is screwed there are too many stupid people making decisions that matter :lol:

GAMES ARE ON TV!!!!!

PER BRAD

This weekend's games will be on FSSN, thanks to Nodak Mutual, REA, WDAZ and Midcontinent Communications. UND says to contact your local cable provider for details, but it's supposed to "be aired on most local and regional cable systems that normally carry FSSN hockey broadcasts."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is on FSSN it will be on FTA, I would guess. That is the feed that Senser's uses, so I would guess it will be on.

Not necessarily. It seems like more often than not that when these games get picked up from another market, they are only available on the cable version of FSSN. Hopefully this one will be on the same sat that the Sioux normally use.

The article seems to lead you to believe, since the REA is involved, that the telecasts will be uplinked to satellite from the REA; it does not specifically state that, however, so, KU band system owners still do not know for sure. Maybe someone in GF can call the REA and let us know if these will be uplinked to the satellite at 91W on the FSSN transponder.

That's good news for many. BUt given the game is on the "FSSN" does that mean it will go over their satellite??

I need a Satellite feed or FOX Sports on Direct TV!!

fssn isnt fox sports, its fighting sioux sports network. it wont be on direct tv or dish . fssn is satellite only if it does get picked up

GAMES ARE ON TV!!!!!

PER BRAD

This weekend's games will be on FSSN, thanks to Nodak Mutual, REA, WDAZ and Midcontinent Communications. UND says to contact your local cable provider for details, but it's supposed to "be aired on most local and regional cable systems that normally carry FSSN hockey broadcasts."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting/hoping for this announcement since Sunday night. YES!

The article seems to lead you to believe, since the REA is involved, that the telecasts will be uplinked to satellite from the REA; it does not specifically state that, however, so, KU band system owners still do not know for sure. Maybe someone in GF can call the REA and let us know if these will be uplinked to the satellite at 91W on the FSSN transponder.

Response from Jamie Lunski at the REA is that the FSSN transponder space is not available this weekend. He didn't say whether it will be uplinked to another transponder or another satellite.

Right now that means motor around the Clarke belt and scan to try and find it. Would really be nice for us KU banders if they would post coordinates in their news releases.

Called our local cable provider, NCC Ray and, as usual, the REA didn't send out the satellite info to them, so they are checking with the REA to see where they need to point. Hopefully we can get that info before this weekend, for those of us who need to point our systems.

Response from Jamie Lunski at the REA is that the FSSN transponder space is not available this weekend. He didn't say whether it will be uplinked to another transponder or another satellite.

Right now that means motor around the Clarke belt and scan to try and find it. Would really be nice for us KU banders if they would post coordinates in their news releases.

Called our local cable provider, NCC Ray and, as usual, the REA didn't send out the satellite info to them, so they are checking with the REA to see where they need to point. Hopefully we can get that info before this weekend, for those of us who need to point our systems.

Crapola

Here it is, from Jamie at the REA:

Echostar 9 - 121 w

Ku Band - Downlink Frequency: 11840.1250 V

L Band - Downlink Frequency: 1090.1250 V

Symbol Rate 4.88

FEC 3/4

Hope you're all motorized :lol:

If you scan prior to power up, you'll find quite of few scrambled dishnetwork channels on this satellite.

Echostar 9 - 121 w

Symbol Rate 4.88

FEC 3/4

If you scan prior to power up, you'll find quite of few scrambled dishnetwork channels on this satellite.

Woohoo! THANKS for sharing Sprig!!!!! Go SIOUX!

Echostar 9 - 121 w

Symbol Rate 4.88

FEC 3/4

He shoots he scores, the motorized system pays off!!

Echostar 9 - 121 w

Symbol Rate 4.88

FEC 3/4

So does this mean Sensor's can get the game? I thought someone on this board might know more about the satellite feed Sensor's has or I guess I could pick up the phone and call Friday.....