SiouxSports.com Forum

Conboy a Gopher?

stickboy1956

You mean kind of like how Prpich would rather spear Paukovich in the groin rather than stand up to him face to face?

sure was a cheap shot by prp, i will admit that and also admit the sioux tried 10 times to fight that sack of crap face to face and he hid everytime after he darn near ended binas career. a little cup check was all it was :D

sure was a cheap shot by prp, i will admit that and also admit the sioux tried 10 times to fight that sack of crap face to face and he hid everytime after he darn near ended binas career. a little cup check was all it was :D

And yet he Punkobitch is still up to his old tricks in the Pros as well.

Geoff Paukovich vowed he was doing nothing more than his job.

Trouble was, it was just three years ago that the Edmonton Oilers winger had been on the delivering end of another hit that sent another player off on a stretcher.

On Sunday, four minutes into the third period of a rookie tournament tilt between the Oilers and Calgary Flames, Paukovich, reacting to a hit, drilled Kyle Greentree. He drove the Flames winger into the end boards with enough force to drop Greentree to the ice.

He remained there for the longest time, then eventually left on a stretcher. Paukovich was sent to the locker-room.

You mean kind of like how Prpich would rather spear Paukovich in the groin rather than stand up to him face to face?

I am not saying that Sioux players are all angels, and what he did was the wrong way to go about things. My problem is with people with maroon-colored glasses that can't see that to every action there is a reaction, and that the gophers were just as culpable, if not more, in the series they played a few weeks ago. To see the Sioux as dirty, and dismiss what Lucia and Stoa did seems to be the norm at gopher nation.

I thought that was a classic cup check?

SECTION 49. A player shall not spear an opponent. Spearing shall mean stabbing an opponent with the point of the stick blade while the stick is being carried with one or both hands. Spearing includes all cases where a spearing gesture is made regardless of whether contact occurs. PENALTY

The rules don't specify that this can only be called in a jabbing motion meaning that it could be interpreted from swinging the stick. I guess I've never seen that called that way but I could be wrong.

However:

In this case contact with the cup came from the shaft of the stick in a swinging motion. The blade of the stick was clearly visible behind Pauk's derriere.

In no way would that be ruled as a spear.

Not a high sticking either. I would call it a slashing maybe of the 4 minute or 5 minute variety.

I am not saying that Sioux players are all angels, and what he did was the wrong way to go about things. My problem is with people with maroon-colored glasses that can't see that to every action there is a reaction, and that the gophers were just as culpable, if not more, in the series they played a few weeks ago. To see the Sioux as dirty, and dismiss what Lucia and Stoa did seems to be the norm at gopher nation.

Not to mention that they certainly lost the moral high ground last night. The gophers don't need Conboy, they have Schack. Conboy was suspended for the season. I wonder what Schack will get?

Not to mention that they certainly lost the moral high ground last night. The gophers don't need Conboy, they have Schack. Conboy was suspended for the season. I wonder what Schack will get?

I am beginning to think that he will not get any additional penalties. The fact that it's a non story is troubling. If this had been UND player God Forbid.

Since it is one of Lucia's golden boys it's ok I guess? :glare: