SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

111sticksalute.jpg

The Sioux head into Houghton on a very high note by crushing Minnesota in Grand Forks both nights jumping up in the WCHA standings. All around the Sioux dominated gaining those important 4 points. Michigan Tech comes off getting swept in Denver by the Pioneers 4-3 in OT Friday and 3-1 Saturday. Lets keep it rolling winning 4 in a row since the new year. GO SIOUX

THIS & LAST SEASON - Sioux lost 2-1 in the holiday tourney 3 weeks ago to Tech in a non conference match up. Last season the Sioux swept Tech at the ralph and split in Houghton. Then beat Tech in 3 games in the best 2 out of 3 in the WCHA playoffs. 5-3 vs Tech last season.

WCHA STANDINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 13-10-1

WCHA: 8-5-1, 17 points

Home: 8-3-0

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to see the boys come out fired up against Tech like the did against UMTC...

WCHA points are tough to come by, games like this should be no brainers for us!!!

I am sure the coaching staff will remind them of the importance...

Go Sioux!!!

Rich T

It would be nice to see the boys come out fired up against Tech like the did against UMTC...

WCHA points are tough to come by, games like this should be no brainers for us!!!

I am sure the coaching staff will remind them of the importance...

Go Sioux!!!

Rich T

hgeck, that 2-1 loss 3 weeks ago may provide all the attention they may have needed. go sioux

sioux sweep - again

Yeah good call.

Season is on. I repeat the season is on.

Anyone know if MTU Webcasts?

Yes they do and it may be the same system the sioux use so maybe we will get it for free if you are a paid member on fightignsioux.com, that would be sweet

if no

do the 11.95 month package then cancel it. so 6.00 per sioux game. works for me :silly:

tech webcast info

Normally, I'd be very worried about this series after a big couple of wins against minny. That 2-1 embarrassment at the GLI should do wonders for this team, I predict a SWEEP!

Split against these guys, and the sweep of UMN-TC doesn't mean much in the standings.

agreed. a loss this weekend and these two wins don't mean a thing. we can't afford too many losses here on out and a loss to tech can't happen.

My guess is they fly to Green Bay and bus to Houghton.

Blais talked about it a long time ago that they have very small planes like SAABS that fly into Houghton and that

a lot of their equipment didn't make it there right away. I think that is why they bus there now. Its a 13 hour trip.

I wish I was going I heard it is a fun trip.

I'm not saying anything because I don't want to jinx anything, but it'll change when it needs changing. :silly:

I was thinking it was good luck and you should leave it there. :silly:

You can retire it when the Sioux win the Final Five. :D

MTU plays the game style UND has had trouble with.

SCSU, UMN, and BSU all have tried to play an up and down game style. They tried that against us and lost.

CC tried to do it on Friday. They lost.

If they play the trap, this team has trouble. We found that out at the GLI.

Are we on a roll or is there something about the game style we play well against?

MTU plays the game style UND has had trouble with.

SCSU, UMN, and BSU all have tried to play an up and down game style. They tried that against us and lost.

CC tried to do it on Friday. They lost.

If they play the trap, this team has trouble. We found that out at the GLI.

Are we on a roll or is there something about the game style we play well against?

It's been mentioned, but I think we found something with our lines we used this weekend. Hak was shuffling all during the first half of the year. All we need is for one or two lines to click to put up a few goals each game....which is always easier said than done. But, with four balanced lines that all can scare the goalie, I like our chances. All we need is for our defense to play with the intensity they did this weekend, and a sound goaltending performance.

I think we can put up 2-3 each game playing an average Sioux game. 3-4 goals a game would be awesome. I just hope that all the intensity of the home rivalry series, combined with a very long bus trip and a hostile arean doesn't translate to a sluggish performance. Add in a defensive minded opponent, and we could have some woes.

These games will be a lot closer than the Gopher series, even if we play great. It's not that the Gophers are bad, but I think the guys gave it their all throughout practice and the games. It's hard to carry that intensity over on one of the hardest road trips we face each season.