SiouxSports.com Forum

How bad is the WCHA this year?

Stack

Conversely, if the Gophers happened to get swept this weekend, it would remain a 5pt lead (depending on what MSUM does against CC this weekend).

I highly doubt the Gophers will get swept this weekend, but anything is possible in the WCHA.

:sad:

I highly highly doubt it also. So lets say worse case scenario for the Gophers, a split. Then its a 7 point lead. (don't factor in the CC for the sake of our argument, since games aren't equal) 7 points through 14 games is a LOT.

I really hope the Gopher hockey players are as cocky as their fans because that is when the Sioux play the best when they are given no

chance to win. :sad: I hardly doubt the Sioux will get swept this weekend either.

I really hope the Gopher hockey players are as cocky as their fans because that is when the Sioux play the best when they are given no

chance to win. :sad: I hardly doubt the Sioux will get swept this weekend either.

Gopherz odds:

GOPHERS SWEEP: 50%

GOPHERS TAKE 3 POINTS: 25%

SPLIT: 10%

SIOUX TAKE 3 POINTS: 10%

SIOUX SWEEP: 2%

THEY CANCEL THE GAMES BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER: 3%

Yes, I think there is a greater likelihood of the games getting canceled than the Sioux sweeping.

Gopherz odds:

Yes, I think there is a greater likelihood of the games getting canceled than the Sioux sweeping.

this has spilt written all over it, as I can't see the Sioux winning both.

I wouldn't expect a sweep either way. This series is usually a hard fought split. Even when the odds are really lopsided (2001-2002) the underdog usually manages a split. I can think of several situations in this rivalry that the underdog actually swept, and maybe just a bit fewer where the favorite swept. Which is why the overall series is near .500.

I would put the odds at...

Sioux SWEEP: 15%

Gopher SWEEP: 25%

Split: 50%

Either team w/ 3pts: 10%

I wouldn't expect a sweep either way. This series is usually a hard fought split. Even when the odds are really lopsided (2001-2002) the underdog usually manages a sweep. I can think of several situations in this rivalry that the underdog actually swept, and maybe just a bit fewer where the favorite swept. Which is why the overall series is near .500.

I would put the odds at...

Sioux SWEEP: 15%

Gopher SWEEP: 25%

Split: 50%

Either team w/ 3pts: 10%

I think I read that 4 of the last 6 have gone to over time.

The Sioux hold a 2-1-1 in the games that went to over time as well.

UND has a 9-6- record against the Golden Rodents since hak has been the coach.

Gopherz odds:

If you really believe that there is a greater chance of the games being canceled than a Sioux sweep then no one should ever take anything you say seriously.

Records in the past 10 games:

Rodents: 5-3-2

Sioux: 7-3

While I don't believe the Sioux are playing very well right now, a 7-3 record is not bad (all three losses were by 2-1 scores).

The big disappointment for Sioux fans is that it looked like the team was starting to turn the corner then they slid off the road in the GLI tourney, failing to even put forth an effort against Michigan State.

I don't think effort will be any concern for this serious. If the Sioux can't put forth 120 min (or more) of solid effort this weekend then there is no hope for this season.

I would rate the games pretty much a tossup, so I give each team a 25% chance of a sweep.

A sweep for either team could very likely be a springboard to a top 2 finish in the league.

Gopherz odds:

Sorry, but you are wrong...Sioux have no chance; they may as well not show...bow down to the mighty rodents, they will definitely win both games by shutout...the Sioux will likely forfeit both games and save everyone the trouble of coming to the Ralph...then again, they may show up just to skate in the same rink as the Pride on Ice boys... :sad:

Sorry, but you are wrong...Sioux have no chance; they may as well not show...bow down to the mighty rodents, they will definitely win both games by shutout...the Sioux will likely forfeit both games and save everyone the trouble of coming to the Ralph...then again, they may show up just to skate in the same rink as the Pride on Ice boys... :)

Well I suppose since it is technically your building, you can show up and skate around for a while :sad: