SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia

choyt3

Fair enough GG33. Not everyone is going to like everyone. I have seen Lucia speak at a couple of events over the last number of years, and have asked a question or two, respectfully, from the crowd. I do not know how much time he spends with the youth leagues. I am a bit put off by his arrogance, whether real or perceived. When I went back to check my notes, I realized that I was probably thinking about the Gophers last football coach, Glen Mason, when I was dishing the selfish dish. I have been fairly taken to the woodshed and will accept my lickin'. I wish Don all the best on the health front.

Beyond that, from his public personna, I don't like the guy. I will leave it at that. Maybe it is the way that he whistles his line changes . . . .

when I did some sports reprting several years back I had the opportunity to speak to Lucia when he was coach at CC. it was right after the Sioux had swept them up here and he was very gracious and accomodating. He was one of the few coaches that was.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I did some sports reprting several years back I had the opportunity to speak to Lucia when he was coach at CC. it was right after the Sioux had swept them up here and he was very gracious and accomodating. He was one of the few coaches that was.

I think he did change a bit from his CC days. Maybe he's under a lot more presure there.

Back when the opposing coaches spoke at the Friday lunch thing he didn't really come off as gracious. Now that's my impression and not a personal conversation.

I hope he has a full recovery but I've always thought he was a jackass...my cousin, as an 8 year hockey player attempted to congratulate him after the Gof's won the title back in 2002? and all Lucia could offer him was a rude comment as he walked away. Maybe it was the Sioux hat he was wearing that irritated the Don.

• 2 weeks later...
Just read this over on USCHO.com. Looks as though they have a diagnosis for tDon...

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=82021

From what I know of sacroidosis, this should not have a permanent impact on his coaching. The person I know with it has the chronic form of it; however, I believe this is not the norm. Most cases do not come back after a lengthy regiment of steroids. I certainly hope Lucia fully recovers.