SiouxSports.com Forum

stroup signs with nebraska

maverick7

Good luck to the athletes of UNO. He wasn't exactly a team first kind of guy. Coach Berhns isn't afraid to stick his neck out there is he?

let it go, He may have grown up this past year.

All I can say is, best of luck to both Bobby and the Mavs. and to Bobby, sorry it didn't work out at UND....in your own right, you weren't a completely bad guy.

let it go, He may have grown up this past year.

All I can say is, best of luck to both Bobby and the Mavs. and to Bobby, sorry it didn't work out at UND....in your own right, you weren't a completely bad guy.

I'm not against a second chance for anyone, but some of the stuff he did wasn't about immaturity, it was downright scary.

I'm not against a second chance for anyone, but some of the stuff he did wasn't about immaturity, it was downright scary.

Absolutely! And he also learned "family connections" have influence...hopefully he'll use that power for good instead of evil in the future but it's up to him - seriously! Otherwise it WILL catch up to him one way or the other...Bobby has a real opportunity now. A chance to redeem himself! Best of luck to him...

Robert Stroup III will tear it up for UNO. I think he might look funny wearing that girly red color, but he's a pure athlete.

Who would win in a fight...Ditka or Bobby?

Trick question.

If the fight takes place in Chicago I'll take Ditka. A dog or a Bear in this case

is always alittle tougher in his own back yard.

Totally off topic, but the Ditka thing made me ask the following question:

Who would win in a fight, Chuck Norris, or Dikka(in my best superfans voice)?

I don't think I've ever seen Chuck Norris lose a fight.

But if the fight is in Chicago and Ditka has his Ginsu's

all bets are off.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I believe I would take Mel Gibson after someone has messed with his family to take out the combined Norris and Ditka.

Think about it:

The Patriot - The English killed his kid, guess what? He killed them all with a hatchet and they lost the war.

Braveheart - The English killed his wife, he painted his face and now Scotland is free. And he diddled the queen.

Ransom - Gary Sinise kidnapped his son and made his son pee his pants. Gary Sinise got himself killed.

A good rule to live by. Don't mess with Mel Gibson's family. Or tell him you're Jewish. Both life lessons.

• 7 months later...

The Unlikely Maverick: Bobby Stroup

What did UNO used to represent to Bobby Stroup?

“When we played them, they were definitely the team I hated the worst,” he said.

And now that he’s transferred from North Dakota to the University of Nebraska at Omaha?

“It’s the best decision I’ve made in a long time,” he said.

Stroup has attempted to make a similar about-face off the field in Omaha, where he’s getting his life back together after legal trouble led to his dismissal from the North Dakota football team by coach Chris Mussman.

“I had a couple of other incidents, so he decided to let me go,” Stroup said. “A bunch of dumb mistakes — being young caught up with me.”

It was a more than youthful stupidity. :lol:???