SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

128FABIAN.jpg

No need to re hash this last weekends offensive outburst of 1 goal per game that resulted in 2 losses only giving up 2 goals per game to the 54th and 59th scoring offenses in the nation of out 59 teams :sad: Get something rolling and get these 2 wins before WCHA play starts up Jan 9-10. BSU is coming off a 4-2 win vs UMASS who beat the sioux earlier in the season and play Monday night as well @ Dartmouth. BSU has swept Michigan Tech, split with SCSU and were swept by Mankato this season making them 3-3 vs WCHA teams as of today.

FRIDAY @ Bemidji

SATURDAY @ Grand Forks

LAST SEASON - Sioux swept the Beavers 5-1 and 1-0 in Grand Forks

und.gif - WCHA STANDINGS

Overall Record: 9-10-1 (.475)

WCHA: 6-5-1, 13 points

Home: 5-3-0

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it in an earlier thread we will not sweep the beavers this year. whether it be a tie and a win or a split we will not sweep them. sioux 3-2 fri and beavers 4-2 sat as we have a tendency under this coach to drop games we should win at home. with that any ncaa post season aspirations are gone, done, stick a fork in them as the only way this team makes it to the tourney is if they buy a ticket to watch it from the stands.

I wish our team would get pumped up about something-anything.

Too many negative Nancy's in our fanbase. :sad:

I say we get a hard-earned split against BSU. ???

The Sioux will then play better for the remaining WCHA calendar, getting 4th place in the league. They will actually win their 1st round WCHA playoff series (in three games, of course), but manage to avoid the play-in game because Denver chokes in their 1st round playoff series. Once at the Xcel, the Sioux will manage a two game winning streak to win the Broadmoor and get the coveted spot in the NCAA tourney, getting past the new .500 NCAA rule by earning the autobid. They will stun everyone in their regional by winning two more games and getting to the F4 in DC, which will entice all the bandwagon fans to jump back on. Unfortunately, a date with BC is once again in their path in the semi-final game, and after a 12-2 loss at the hands of the Eagles, the people calling for Hakstol's head will once again emerge. siouxsweet will then proclaim that this team didn't have the talent to get it done.

???

The Sioux will then play better for the remaining WCHA calendar, getting 4th place in the league. They will actually win their 1st round WCHA playoff series (in three games, of course), but manage to avoid the play-in game because Denver chokes in their 1st round playoff series. Once at the Xcel, the Sioux will manage a two game winning streak to win the Broadmoor and get the coveted spot in the NCAA tourney, getting past the new .500 NCAA rule by earning the autobid. They will stun everyone in their regional by winning two more games and getting to the F4 in DC, which will entice all the bandwagon fans to jump back on. Unfortunately, a date with BC is once again in their path in the semi-final game, and after a 12-2 loss at the hands of the Eagles, the people calling for Hakstol's head will once again emerge. siouxsweet will then proclaim that this team didn't have the talent to get it done.

???

excuse me for not jumping up and down and screaming for joy after we just lost to two of the worst teams in all of college hockey. did I miss something?

excuse me for not jumping up and down and screaming for joy after we just lost to two of the worst teams in all of college hockey. did I miss something?

Yes, you did. It's called sarcasm.

And while I am certainly not happy with the team's performance against MSU and MTU, there is still half a season left to play. Will the Sioux go on a big 2nd half run? Not likely. Will they make the NCAA's? Also not likely at this point.

But I'm not going to be on here blasting them non-stop. I'll be cheering for them until their last game is played...whether that be in the 1st round WCHA playoffs, at the F5, or heck, even in DC.

In the end, none of what is said here will affect the team...so go on, feel free to rip the coaches, rip the players, rip whatever.

Also feel free to jump back on the bandwagon if they get another winning streak going again, though. :sad:

???

I agree.

Hey, look at the hated Gophers. Last year, they sucked and still managed to make the NCAAs (they shouldn't have, but they did). Next year... Wow. Maybe we're copy-catting? I dunno.

To me, it doesn't matter. Good year, bad year, I'm still supporting the team 100% and I'm not going to waste my time trying to point fingers at one individual person or small group (such as coaches) when it is the entire team that loses or wins games. I am not going to waste my time shopping around for a wish list of coaching replacements either. Let's face it, keep dreaming.

Go Sioux! Beat the Beavers!

And while I am certainly not happy with the team's performance against MSU and MTU, there is still half a season left to play. Will the Sioux go on a big 2nd half run? Not likely. Will they make the NCAA's? Also not likely at this point.

But I'm not going to be on here blasting them non-stop. I'll be cheering for them until their last game is played...whether that be in the 1st round WCHA playoffs, at the F5, or heck, even in DC.

In the end, none of what is said here will affect the team...so go on, feel free to rip the coaches, rip the players, rip whatever.

Also feel free to jump back on the bandwagon if they get another winning streak going again, though. ;)

You beat me to it. :)

score 3 friken goals each night and we win both games. dont score 3 goals and who knows. this team better get their crap together after the debacle in detroit with wcha play coming up. the funny thing is the sioyux are in very good shape in the wcha standings after that scsu sweep but can lose that very easily if they dont step up and play like they were before the break. play blood and fienhage over a couple others. mix something up. our D hasnt been the issue but mixing things up may spark a fire under certian players if they are healthy scratched. who knows

Also feel free to jump back on the bandwagon if they get another winning streak going again, though. :sad:

I have never once called out a certain player and ripped them saying it's their fault we lost like others on this board have done with finley,genoway,marto,lapoint etc. I have given praise when praise was do and criticized when it was due. I support this team, I have season tickets and have traveled all over the country to watch them play and cheer them on to victory, which has caused some disagreements with my wife. I don't look at everything through rose colored glasses. I know enough about the pairwsie to know we are screwed at this moment unless we go on some kind of prolonged unbeaten streak of at least 10 or 12 games and right now I don't know if this team has it in them to do that. not saying they can't. maybe I just take to losing to bad teams very well when I know this team is capable of much more than that.

Well if they were consuming alcohol before a game that isn't acceptable. I am not against partying but not before a game.

Read the post again. He said has a birthday on sat not had, meaning its upcoming. Nobody was drinking before the game last sat.

Lets focus on the postives. There are a few right now.

Chay Genoway-Good offensive player

Brett Hextall-pretty good surprise.

Brad Eidsnes-Decent replacement in net and gettting better with each game.

Getting Big Joe Back and will be heard from in the second half. Absolutely creamed a MTU player yesterday.

Record is about the same as the last few years. Only can get better

Coach now has a theme to get the players attention. Every game should be a playoff game now.

I would love to see a ticked off Sioux team come out and dominate the Beavers for two games this weekend, but that's hard to see happening.

Has anyone seen BSU yet this year? Do they play a more wide-open style, or a defensive style like MSU/MTU/UAA?

The Sioux can't seem to figure out how to play against those teams, but they do well against the teams willing to skate. Perhaps they won't get completely blown out by the Gophers...although the Gophers have proven that they have a bit better finishers than we do. :sad:

I would love to see a ticked off Sioux team come out and dominate the Beavers for two games this weekend, but that's hard to see happening.

Has anyone seen BSU yet this year? Do they play a more wide-open style, or a defensive style like MSU/MTU/UAA?

The Sioux can't seem to figure out how to play against those teams, but they do well against the teams willing to skate. Perhaps they won't get completely blown out by the Gophers...although the Gophers have proven that they have a bit better finishers than we do. :sad:

You never know. One thing someone brought up was the fact that bringing two guys back into the fold might have disrupted the chemistry for one or two games. I think it is possible.