SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs USA UNDER 18 TEAM

AZSIOUX

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, worry about your 1-3-1 record in the last 5 and we will see in january what happens, a gopher azz kicking is in store :lol:

I'll worry about it when we aren't 2nd in the conference (with 2 games in hand) and a consensus top 5 team in the country. To seriously be able to say that a 'gopher azz kicking is in store" with a straight face is laughable. Will it be a good series? Yes. Do the Gophers have a much better chance at sweeping than the Sioux do? I'd say so. That being said, I'm super excited for the series and can't wait to see two good tough games.

(AZ, this is where I can almost guarantee that we pick 2 games differently in the gopherz/AZSIOUX challenge, as I'm assuming you'll pick a Sioux sweep and I'll be the one getting 2 points from the Gopher sweep :ohmy: )

Definitely not the best fresman in the conference and the best player in the conference in Schroeder and Stoa or anything :lol:

guarenteed national title then

january will be fun for sure but the sioux have 4 tough non conference games before that so may as well make it 8 in a row before jan series vs umTC (well maybe non conference kind of as i assume mich tech will lose to michgan in that tourney and we beat mich st. but i guess ya never ever know) :ohmy:

There are only 5 players on this team that aren't committed to play somewhere and we don't have much of a chance to land Morin.

Just to be snarky, we didn't have much of a chance to land Jonathan Toews either. #1 overall pick in the WHL draft by Tri City... turned out pretty well for the WHL right? :lol:

Definitely not the best fresman in the conference and the best player in the conference in Schroeder and Stoa or anything :lol:

I attended a Junior media event here in Ottawa this weekend. With you in mind and your passion for little Schroeder I decided to stir the pot and I told Subban that a certain Team USA player thinks he is a pylon. From the look in his eyes I think that game should be a beauty. :ohmy:

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

WCHA honors Hextall

Freshman forward Brett Hextall is the WCHA's rookie of the week.

Hextall had three points in a sweep of St. Cloud State and factored into both game-winning goals. He set up Mario Lamoureux for the game-winner on Friday and he scored the game-winner on Saturday during a power play.

Hextall has played in every game for the Sioux this season, scoring six goals and adding four assists. He's one goal away from the team leaders.

Sioux players in weekly honors

Nov. 18 -- Brad Eidsness, WCHA rookie of the week

Dec. 2 -- Matt Frattin, WCHA offensive player of the week

Dec. 9 -- Brad Eidsness, WCHA rookie of the week

Dec. 16 -- Brett Hextall, WCHA rookie of the week

Tue Dec 16

U18 4 - Mich State 2

Nick Mattson assists on an ENG

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20081216&am...su&gender=m

another common oppenent in mich st coming up. this usa team is damn good. just take it easy on laying hits on mattson and maybe morin if we still have a 1% chance of getting him :D the rest heading to other wcha schools and other schools, take them to the wood shop ;)

good to hear joe is improving. it would be HUGE in many ways to have him back for the 2nd half. good news on trupp as well

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Weekly Wednesday update

Dane Jackson addressed the media today at the weekly gathering because coach Dave Hakstol is out of town recruiting.

Jackson said that defenseman Joe Finley may play this weekend against the U.S. Under-18 team. Finley has been practicing with the team.

Finley has missed the last 16 games with a concussion -- a span of more than two months.

"I think there's a chance," Jackson said. "Joe's been back skating with us a little bit. We're monitoring him day to day. It's tough to really know (if he's going to play), but there's a chance. He's been progressing."

Evan Trupp also is practicing with a regular jersey and will probably play this weekend.

"Evan has been pretty much cleared," he said. "As long as everything keeps progressing, there's a good chance (he'll play)."

Jackson also said the team will probably use more than the usual 18 skaters for the exhibition game. He's not sure about the goalies, though.

Another interesting note: The coaches will not be able to comment on any of the U.S. Under-18 players because none have signed letters of intent to UND. Nick Mattson has given a verbal commitment, but he's only a junior in high school, so he hasn't signed yet and the coaches can't talk about him. The coaches can't even be vague in their answers (ex. -- "The goalie did a good job controlling rebounds.).

I was able to talk to Mattson on Monday night and there will be a story in Friday's paper about him. Unfortuantely, I accidentally taped over my interview with Mike Cichy, but I'll soon provide generalizations of what he said.

guarenteed national title then

january will be fun for sure but the sioux have 4 tough non conference games before that so may as well make it 8 in a row before jan series vs umTC (well maybe non conference kind of as i assume mich tech will lose to michgan in that tourney and we beat mich st. but i guess ya never ever know) ;)

Come into the games however you like :) I'm just hoping we are at least a little bit healthy and well rested by then, need to get Barriball and Carman back and then I'm not too worried.

Yeah and after the Sioux light him up what are you going to say? :D:D

UND has some balanced fire power this season. All lines are scoring and the Upper classmen are FINALLY getting the job done.

I'll probably cry before saying anything :D I'm honestly not terribly worried about the Sioux lighting us up though, I think 2 fairly low scoring games.

Come into the games however you like ;) I'm just hoping we are at least a little bit healthy and well rested by then, need to get Barriball and Carman back and then I'm not too worried.

I'll probably cry before saying anything :D I'm honestly not terribly worried about the Sioux lighting us up though, I think 2 fairly low scoring games.

theres always 1 shootout game in a gopher sioux series it seems. will be fun. the sioux will come in winning 8 in a row. cant wait. 4 big games before though that they need to take care of. barriball and carman should be back by then shouldnt they?

what section you guys sitting in?

brad miller time episode 12

and mario makes his 8th showing :D camera hog ;)

mario tabs this christmas with chris brown a good xmas movie :D hes friken halarious

I kinda wish that they would let him pick it up next year instead of one of the seniors who would only do it for a year. I don't know, he maybe couldn't carry the whole thing but he is hilarious!

I kinda wish that they would let him pick it up next year instead of one of the seniors who would only do it for a year. I don't know, he maybe couldn't carry the whole thing but he is hilarious!

they said trupper, malone or frattin would be doing it next year depending who wins the "great debate", so the winner could get the show for 2 years... they could add mario in as a cohost/commentator :D

they said trupper, malone or frattin would be doing it next year depending who wins the "great debate", so the winner could get the show for 2 years... they could add mario in as a cohost/commentator :D

i compare mario to protesters that we see sometimes - when the cameras and lights come on he and they are in front of that camera ;)