SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

SCSU is not Harvard. That being said, I hope "crow" is on my menu come Sunday.

not saying they are harvard. just saying they arent a dynamic offensive machine that some think they are. no doubt its going to be a tough series but who isnt in the wcha. win friday then maybe great things can start to happen. go sioux

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Sioux goalie Brad Eidsness is once again the WCHA rookie of the week.

Eidsness stopped 72 of 76 shots on the weekend, a save percentage of .947, in leading UND to a sweep of Harvard.

On Friday night, Eidsness stopped a career-high 39 shots in a 10-1 Sioux win.

In the last eight games, Eidsness has a .933 save percentage, 2.01 goals-against average and a 4-2-1 record.

Sioux players in weekly honors

Nov. 18 -- Brad Eidsness, WCHA rookie of the week

Dec. 2 -- Matt Frattin, WCHA offensive player of the week

Dec. 9 -- Brad Eidsness, WCHA rookie of the week

SCSU is not Harvard. That being said, I hope "crow" is on my menu come Sunday.

I agree. I'll be happy with a split.

I think SCSU is a lot like UND early on this season. Both are having struggles in one particular aspect of the game.

SCSU seems to be playing well right now.

UND played well on Fridays, but on Saturdays, they barely scratch out wins or lose outright.

Until proven otherwise, I think SCSU takes Saturday and UND takes Friday.

Can't hit what you can't catch. I'm afraid we won't be able to match their speed 5 on 5 and BE gets hung out to dry by his defense way too much.

UND is not slow and doesn't lack team speed. We may not be able to finish but the Sioux aren't slow...

Thanks for posting. Also, thanks for always making threads for the series and stuff like that.

thanks for the nice words. appreciate it. i enjoy doing the game week threads and so forth and am glad others engage in them. jim has a hell of a site here and we are lucky for that.

GO SIOUX

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Weekly Wednesday update

Today, Zach Jones was on the hot seat at the press conference after scoring career goal No. 1.

Jones said he didn't realize immediately that the puck actually went in the net. Then, he saw the ref pointing at the goal and he wasn't sure how to react.

"It had been a while since I celebrated a goal, so I didn't know what to do," he said.

Jones said he couldn't even estimate how many voice messages and text messages he got. He said many of them came from former Sioux players. Although, his brother Matt, still hasn't got a hold of him.

"He's busy, he's got a family now," Zach said.

Coach Dave Hakstol said maybe the coaching staff is to blame for not using Jones correctly.

"We put him out there on a 5-on-3 power play and he scores within 15 seconds. Maybe we haven't been putting him in the right situations," Hakstol joked. :lol:

Incase you didn't see, the winners of the Zach Jones contest were Jared Blikre and Luke Beasley. Beasley was actually the first person to submit a guess and he stated "You heard it here first" when he sent the e-mail. Indeed, we did. Blikre says Joe Namath has nothing on him. We agree.

There were a few other news items...

from brad

Coach Dave Hakstol said maybe the coaching staff is to blame for not using Jones correctly.

"We put him out there on a 5-on-3 power play and he scores within 15 seconds. Maybe we haven't been putting him in the right situations," Hakstol joked. :lol:

I think this should be moved to the 'Fire Hak' thread.

:lol: no doubt, we have a friken sniper that hak never even realized we had and it took over a hundred games to get him on the PP

FIRE HAK ???

Not only that but he failed to learn from Friday night and DID NOT PLAY Jones on the first power play unit even though two of those most revered Sioux Sports posters agreed that that must be done in all future games.

Because of that coaching error we scored a fraction of the goals Saturday night as we had Friday.