SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CORNELL

AZSIOUX

maybe, maybe not. im sure they work hard as it is. bottom line is WINS, 2-1 win or a 6-3 win. just win baby!!

I think the message that the boys are in playoff mode already should be relayed now.

They can only lose about 8 more games the rest of the season.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid Grand Forks Herald! Says in the sidebar box accompanying the story on Eidsness (good human interest piece, BTW) that the first game of the series with Cornell is tonight. Sent me scurrying to check my tickets. No, first game is tomorrow night. Way to mess with my head, Grand Forks Herald!!

Stupid Grand Forks Herald! Says in the sidebar box accompanying the story on Eidsness (good human interest piece, BTW) that the first game of the series with Cornell is tonight. Sent me scurrying to check my tickets. No, first game is tomorrow night. Way to mess with my head, Grand Forks Herald!!

eidsness story

very cool article by brad on brad :D

and brad miller time :)

ben blood is halarious :lol:

miller time

Well, now that we're traveling to you (not me unfortunately :lol: ), The Grand Forks Herald is reporting that you're coming to us Jan 22-23, 2010. I hope we get to see some of you there. I hope you get to meet some Cornellians, we do enjoy a good party and you'll find them a knowledgeable bunch. Good luck on the rest of your season; win, lose, or draw we want you to bring up our standing. :D

With this year, I'm done making predictions. I'm just taking this season one game at a time and trying not to do to the Sioux what I do to the Cubs (aka "Oh, we'll get 'em next year! Mark my words!).

Cornell, once again, has a goaltender many compare to McKee and LeNeuveu. However, other than Riley Nash, I'm not altogether sure what their offense will turn out to be like.

I think it does come down to what Miller said. Forget about the bounces and just work on the problem areas of our game. We can't practice getting good bounces.

I'd practice passing drills, special teams, passing drills on special teams, passing drills, communication during passing drills, more passing drills, shoot and crash, defense around the net, pinching, passing drills...

From my armchair, about 75% of practice should be spent on passing drills. ALL of the passing drills should come after the ice has been roughed up. Save the clean ice for conditioning and the other parts of practice.

And I'd pull a Bill Bellichek and hire someone to sneak into Gopher practices and steal the passing drills they employ. I think if we could pass like the Gophers, we'd be a lot better off.

In a year so far in which UND has underachieved, UND has about as much of a chance of sweeping Cornell as Charlie Brown had of kicking the FB out of Lucy's hold in their televised Thanksgiving special I watched with the kids a couple of days ago. :glare: Just as long as they win tonight as the kids and I are making the trip up I-29 for the game.

Ben Scrivens has some ridiculous numbers so far this year - he's definitely on the early Hobey radar. North Dakota will need to score some ugly goals this weekend.

My full weekend preview can be found here.

Dave

They need to crash the net like wedding crasher at the wedding dance. With the determination and purpose.

Lets put the women and children to early and go looking for dinner. No one gets into the kitchen.

Well, now that we're traveling to you (not me unfortunately :glare: ), The Grand Forks Herald is reporting that you're coming to us Jan 22-23, 2010. I hope we get to see some of you there. I hope you get to meet some Cornellians, we do enjoy a good party and you'll find them a knowledgeable bunch. Good luck on the rest of your season; win, lose, or draw we want you to bring up our standing. :)

We'll be there!