SiouxSports.com Forum

Games of Interest

bincitysioux

USD 42 SUU 20 FINAL

Wow! I hope the UND "program" (coaches and players) takes the last game seriously.

Frankly I am disappointed in the fan support so far this year. From (most of) the things written on this board to the butts in the seats.... The last game was very disappointing for student participation, they didn't all leave at half time...they were never there!

These are "D2 players" playing D1 ball. Everyone needs to believe in what will happen at the next level. We are moving up and things will only get better. There are a lot of great players on the sidelines and a lot of hope for the future.

Wow! I hope the UND "program" (coaches and players) takes the last game seriously.

Frankly I am disappointed in the fan support so far this year. From (most of) the things written on this board to the butts in the seats.... The last game was very disappointing for student participation, they didn't all leave at half time...they were never there!

These are "D2 players" playing D1 ball. Everyone needs to believe in what will happen at the next level. We are moving up and things will only get better. There are a lot of great players on the sidelines and a lot of hope for the future.

I am not dissappointed at all with the attendance. This is the best average attendance since 2001 which was the national championship year.

Well some of us were there. It just shows you how many people put hunting in front of athletics. I also was dissapointed with the crowd but come on. :sad:

I think history shows there will always be attendance issues if the fan base doesn't expand. I believe other schools who have made the transition have proven it is possible to expand the fan base and that is up to the Sports Marketing Department.

As far as the record this year let's keep some perspective - no excuses but remember:

1. This is a transition year for a new coach and some new staff members

2. This is a different transition year schedule than other schools have faced, we are immediately in a conference with tough competition. I'd rather lose to tougher competition, which only makes you better, than win against a Montana School of Mines, for example.

I think the school and staff have put a quality product on the field - room for improvement yes - but that will come with increased scholarships. Remember, as history shows over the top success during transition has little to do with what happens after the transition.

I think history shows there will always be attendance issues if the fan base doesn't expand. I believe other schools who have made the transition have proven it is possible to expand the fan base and that is up to the Sports Marketing Department.

As far as the record this year let's keep some perspective - no excuses but remember:

1. This is a transition year for a new coach and some new staff members

2. This is a different transition year schedule than other schools have faced, we are immediately in a conference with tough competition. I'd rather lose to tougher competition, which only makes you better, than win against a Montana School of Mines, for example.

I think the school and staff have put a quality product on the field - room for improvement yes - but that will come with increased scholarships. Remember, as history shows over the top success during transition has little to do with what happens after the transition.

Expect alot of disappointment when comparing yourselves to NDSU's transition. "Lose to tougher competition" :sad:? Who?

Frankly, I'm more disappointed with the play on the field than I am with attendance.